Powwow: Munich - Germany

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Munich - Germany".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Munich Pow wow and articel discussion Jan 9, 2006

Hi everyone!

Since a Stammtisch has already been organized, I thought I'd expand it a bit to all you Prozians who aren't on PT or Lantra, etc.

When and Where:
Jan 26, 2005, 18.00
The Twisted Bavarian
Tengstrasse 20, Schwabing, Munich
U-Bahn U2 Josephsplatz

Topic:
We would like to discuss an article about the minimum you need to earn as a freelance translator. The article can be found here:


There is also an E
... See more
Hi everyone!

Since a Stammtisch has already been organized, I thought I'd expand it a bit to all you Prozians who aren't on PT or Lantra, etc.

When and Where:
Jan 26, 2005, 18.00
The Twisted Bavarian
Tengstrasse 20, Schwabing, Munich
U-Bahn U2 Josephsplatz

Topic:
We would like to discuss an article about the minimum you need to earn as a freelance translator. The article can be found here:


There is also an English version if you want (the link is there)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cass (089) 94004794
▲ Collapse


 
Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Here's the link Jan 9, 2006

Proz didn't like my pointy brackets:
http://www.translationdirectory.com/article725deutsche.htm


 
Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Ok so I'm just getting the hang of this pow wow organization thing Jan 9, 2006



 
DeAnn Cougler
DeAnn Cougler  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => английский
Not only freelancers Jan 9, 2006

There will be at least two "employed" translators present as well for views from both sides of the fence.

 
Aleksandra Kwasnik
Aleksandra Kwasnik  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 06:42
польский => немецкий
+ ...
Stammtisch? Jan 26, 2006

Hallo, ich werde es auch heute leider nicht mehr schaffen (die Übersetzung ist doch zeitaufwändiger als ich dachte), aber ich wollte fragen, was es mit diesem Stammtisch auf sich hat - Ist es ein regelmäßiger Proz-Stammtisch? Kann man sich da anschließen? Wann und wo?
Viele Grüße und einen schönen Abend Euch allen - Aleksandra


 
Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Германия
Local time: 06:42
Член ProZ.com c 2004
английский => словенский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Bin erkältet / nicht einsatzfähig Jan 27, 2006

Sorry Cass, would appreciate to know how the discussion went (regarding the minimum you need to earn ...) Some kind of a minutes / summary of the evening would be welcome

 
Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => венгерский
+ ...
Sorry Jan 27, 2006

I wanted so much to be there, but at last I could not manage it. I'd also like to here from you...

 
Susanne Effner
Susanne Effner  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 06:42
итальянский => немецкий
+ ...
Hi everyone Jan 27, 2006

Couldn't make it yesterday, unfortunately, as I had to finish a translation. And just realised that I posted my email to let you now elsewhere. Anyway, just read this article (eventually) and am a bit shocked about the prices mentioned. Are they really feasible? I know I've missed an interesting talk yesterday, but could you let us know at least some of your opinions.
Would be great.

Nice weekend to all of you.

Susanne


 
Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:42
немецкий => английский
+ ...
It was great! Jan 27, 2006

Hi Susanne et al!

Actually we didn't have the focussed discussion we had wanted because too many people showed up at different times (lots of non-Prozians, ie, PT, Toytown, others) and most hadn't read the article. But there were individual discussions on the topic and when I get around to writing the report, I'll include all the opinions we managed to collect. Plus DeAnn wants to get a little rates survey going for just the Munich area and discuss that with people too!


 
Susanne Effner
Susanne Effner  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 06:42
итальянский => немецкий
+ ...
Great Jan 30, 2006

Hi Cass,

think it's great that you guys want to do a little report/survey. Let me know if you need a hand.

Susanne


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Munich - Germany






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »