Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Эстония
Local time: 21:24
Член ProZ.com
английский => шведский
+ ...
Nov 8, 2018

Hello
I use Passolo 2016 and Trados Studion 2017 to translate product Ui and corresponding help files.
The TM for the help files is loaded on use in Passolo and updated.
When I search for fuzzies (it never shows any results - wonder why) I must use Concordance, but it doesn't show any hits from the loaded TM. A search in the TM as an independent file shows results.
I changed the language from Swedish (the general) to Swedish (Sweden) - which is a sublanguage - and then it
... See more
Hello
I use Passolo 2016 and Trados Studion 2017 to translate product Ui and corresponding help files.
The TM for the help files is loaded on use in Passolo and updated.
When I search for fuzzies (it never shows any results - wonder why) I must use Concordance, but it doesn't show any hits from the loaded TM. A search in the TM as an independent file shows results.
I changed the language from Swedish (the general) to Swedish (Sweden) - which is a sublanguage - and then it showed results from the loaded TM, but NOT the result I saw in the standalone search.
This is a serious bug/fault/error/whatever as it is difficult to maintain consistency between UI and help files.
What is the reason for this behavior in Passolo and is there a solution?
Collapse

Thomas Loob
Thomas Loob  Identity Verified
Эстония
Local time: 21:24
Член ProZ.com
английский => шведский
+ ...
Автор темы
The sound of silence... Nov 15, 2018

Bet that was so complicated that SDL chose to ignore it.
Now I have Studio imporing 40 thousand TUs and the indexing was going for 2 hours before I cancelled it, it is still "cancelling" itself for half an hour now...and I hve no access to the program to work.
Did you guys program it in Visual Basic?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo 2016 and use of Studio TM - hits not shown

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »