Awful BBC translation
Автор темы: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 17:19
французский => английский
+ ...
Mar 23, 2005

In an article about the manager of Chelsea Football Club, José Mourinho, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4370919.stm) , it says:

But he [Mourinho] told Portuguese television: "I have the expectation of complete dismissal, complete dismissal."

"I have always been this way. Sincerely, I don't want to
... See more
In an article about the manager of Chelsea Football Club, José Mourinho, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4370919.stm) , it says:

But he [Mourinho] told Portuguese television: "I have the expectation of complete dismissal, complete dismissal."

"I have always been this way. Sincerely, I don't want to change and I want to finish up my career 12, 13 years from now at most, I want to finish it up this way.

"That is, to be loved by my own. And right now I am loved by the Chelsea fans and I don't worry hardly at all about other club's supporters. That's the way I am."

When I first read the comments, I just assumed it was a case of Senhor Mourinho's poor English, but then I noticed it said "he told Portuguese television", so one would assume he made the comments in Portuguese. I guess someone from Portuguese TV gave a "rough" translation to the BBC and they decided they couldn't edit it because it's a quote. I'd quite like to know how much the "translator" got paid. In fact, looking at it, it was quite possibly a machine. In any case, for a website like the BBC, this really is rather embarassing.
Collapse

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 17:19
французский => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Awful BBC translation - II Mar 26, 2005

The BBC have removed the badly translated quotes, although they remain on many websites, including The Independent.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Awful BBC translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »