Автор темы: Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Венгрия
Local time: 17:12
английский => испанский
+ ...
Jan 19, 2012

I tried downloading Wordfast Classic to start using but faile to get a link. I know that now you can use the basic Wordfast version with Wordfast Anywhere but I don't know what happens if the server is down -I guess you can't access to it. So, I was wondering if Anaphraseus is to Open Office what Wordfast Classic is to Microsoft Word. Are they similar? What are their differences.

Thanks in advance!

Oscar

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => африкаанс
+ ...
@Oscar Jan 19, 2012

Oscar Rivera wrote:
I tried downloading Wordfast Classic to start using but failed to get a link.

You mean these?
http://www.wordfast.net/zip/Wf601g.zip
http://wordfast.net/zip/wf_en6.zip

I was wondering if Anaphraseus is to Open Office what Wordfast Classic is to Microsoft Word.

Anaphraseus is a Wordfast Classic clone, not developed by Wordfast's people, and it has the same functionality that Wordfast Classic had 5-10 years ago. The files produced by Anaphraseus are broadly compatible with the files produced by Wordfast Classic.

I don't know enough about Wordfast Anywhere to tell whether you can use it with Anaphraseus or with Wordfast Classic in any way.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => русский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Mainly yes Jan 19, 2012

Yes, Anaphraseus is to OOo pretty much what WFC is to MS Word and features same workflow. And yes, as Samuel points, Anaphraseus has much less features as compared to WFC.

With Anaphraseus, you can produce uncleaned files that can be processed with WFC and vice versa. A-s can use WFC TMs and glossaries. However, A-s can’t produce TMs containing information on formatting.

With A-s, you can’t translate spreadsheets and presentations or anything else that can’t be lo
... See more
Yes, Anaphraseus is to OOo pretty much what WFC is to MS Word and features same workflow. And yes, as Samuel points, Anaphraseus has much less features as compared to WFC.

With Anaphraseus, you can produce uncleaned files that can be processed with WFC and vice versa. A-s can use WFC TMs and glossaries. However, A-s can’t produce TMs containing information on formatting.

With A-s, you can’t translate spreadsheets and presentations or anything else that can’t be loaded to OOo Writer.

A-s is still in beta stage, meaning, that problems are quite possible.

BTW, A-s still can use Google Translator (not API 2).
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
финский => французский
Wordfast Anywhere vs. Classic Jan 19, 2012

Oscar Rivera wrote:
I tried downloading Wordfast Classic to start using but faile to get a link. I know that now you can use the basic Wordfast version with Wordfast Anywhere

Wordfast Anywhere is not some kind of "basic Wordfast version", it's a tool in its own right. They have lots of things in common (share the same TM, have a very similar interface), but there are things you can do with one and not the other, and vice-versa.

Oscar Rivera wrote:
but I don't know what happens if the server is down -I guess you can't access to it.

Wordfast Anywhere is a cloud-based solution: nothing is installed on your computer, all you need is a browser, and a connection to the internet, obviously.
If you're afraid about server/internet availability, you can save a copy of your source document as TXML and translate it in Wordfast Pro if/when there's no connection to the server or to the Internet.

The main advantages of Anaphraseus is that it is free, it runs on Linux and it doesnt require MS Office. Other than that, it lags far behind Wordfast Classic in terms of features and speed.

Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Венгрия
английский => испанский
+ ...
Автор темы
@Samuel and @esperantisto Jan 19, 2012

Thanks for your replies on Anaphraseus.

Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Венгрия
английский => испанский
+ ...
Автор темы
@ Dominique Pivard Jan 19, 2012

Thanks to you too for your reply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Anaphraseus a Wordfast version?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »