L.Lepetit
L.Lepetit  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 09:38
английский => французский
+ ...
Jan 11, 2016

Hi,
I have a problem with one "translator" who worked for me.
I sent him a file and what he senta back was not a translation at ell. Many minsunderstandings, many omissions, many typos ...
He had accepted a Quality statement before, saying he would be penalised if his work was bad.
When I saw the file, I asked him to correct it. He sent back the SAME file, without any change.
I refused to pay him, but he made here a non payment report (which is unfair!!!, but what
... See more
Hi,
I sent him a file and what he senta back was not a translation at ell. Many minsunderstandings, many omissions, many typos ...
He had accepted a Quality statement before, saying he would be penalised if his work was bad.
When I saw the file, I asked him to correct it. He sent back the SAME file, without any change.
I refused to pay him, but he made here a non payment report (which is unfair!!!, but what can I do?)
I'd like to mark him but it sermd I can't. When I try to enter a text on the BB, I can't specify anywhere I DON'T want to work with him again and I'd like to warn other people.
Any help?
THanks
Laetitia
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
Великобритания
Local time: 08:38
Член ProZ.com c 2008
итальянский => английский
Contact the Proz admins Jan 11, 2016

That's disgraceful. I suggest you contact the Proz admins about it.

[Edited at 2016-01-11 15:10 GMT]

L.Lepetit
Франция
+ ...
Автор темы
admins Jan 11, 2016

I did contact the admins but what can they do?

[Edited at 2016-01-11 15:27 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский
+ ...
So sad that there are rogue freelance translators here Jan 11, 2016

There isn't the equivalent of the Blue Board rating, it's true - our WWA ones are limited to good feedback and it's clear from recent discussions that that is here to stay. But you can comment on the rating given to you on the BB, and you can say what you like (within reason of course). I've seen entries that say that the quality was disgraceful and all outsourcers should beware. But of course the massive drawback is that it stays associated with your name, and not the translator's. I don't imag... See more
There isn't the equivalent of the Blue Board rating, it's true - our WWA ones are limited to good feedback and it's clear from recent discussions that that is here to stay. But you can comment on the rating given to you on the BB, and you can say what you like (within reason of course). I've seen entries that say that the quality was disgraceful and all outsourcers should beware. But of course the massive drawback is that it stays associated with your name, and not the translator's. I don't imagine anyone would come across it when thinking of hiring the translator, except by chance. I think it's a real failing of this site, but I seem to be in a minority.

Admin can get that BB entry removed. The rule says that we can't post negative entries against outsourcers where there are quality complaints. All you have to do is prove that you've colmplained of the quality and that there is indeed cause for complaint.
Collapse

Adrian MM. (X)
Adrian MM. (X)
французский => английский
+ ...
Let's have some more info. Jan 11, 2016

supermummy wrote:

Hi,
I sent him a file and what he *senta* back was not a translation at *ell*. Many minsunderstandings, many omissions, many typos ...
I refused to pay him, but he made here a non payment report (which is unfair!!!, but what can I do?)
I'd like to mark him but it *sermd* I can't. When I try to enter a text on the BB, I can't specify anywhere I DON'T want to work with him again and I'd like to warn other people.
Any help?
THanks
Laetitia

Can we have an idea of the language direction and of the alleged shortcomings? The mis-spellings in the complaint itself in *English* detract from the issue and raise some questions of their own.

L.Lepetit
Франция
+ ...
Автор темы
evidence Jan 11, 2016

I have kept all emails and I can also provide the admins the files (source, his and mine after editing). Hope this will be ok
thanks for your reply.
Do you know about the exact link to contact the admins for this specific topic? I've sent a message but I'm not sure it's the right way.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Канада
Local time: 01:38
голландский => английский
+ ...
Reply on BB Jan 11, 2016

I regularly seen replies from agencies on the BB below the comments from the translator. There should be an option to enter your response. Check with staff.

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Украина
Local time: 10:38
английский => русский
+ ...
As far as I know, Jan 11, 2016

outsourcers can`t make any negative entries for their contractors here. You can either make a positive WWA entry (if they ask you), or don`t make any. And I am almost sure that this person won`t ask you for any WWA, since he/she realizes that it is not going to be a positive one.

Moreover, the only thing you can do is to lash back at him/her in your reply to his/her comment on Blueboard.

In other words, potential outsourcers can`t be warned about the danger of cooperati
... See more
outsourcers can`t make any negative entries for their contractors here. You can either make a positive WWA entry (if they ask you), or don`t make any. And I am almost sure that this person won`t ask you for any WWA, since he/she realizes that it is not going to be a positive one.

Moreover, the only thing you can do is to lash back at him/her in your reply to his/her comment on Blueboard.

In other words, potential outsourcers can`t be warned about the danger of cooperating with this person.
Sad but true.

But 'his 'award' will eventually find him'. People like him/her usually don`t stay within the industry for too long.
Collapse

L.Lepetit
Франция
+ ...
Автор темы
@Vadim Jan 11, 2016

you're right but what has been entered on MY BB will remain as it is. Sad !!!

L.Lepetit
Франция
+ ...
Автор темы
admins Jan 11, 2016

I've just received a message from one of the admins. She wants to have all the exchanged emails. I have also sent her the source file, the file sent by the "translator" and the final one. Hope it will work!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский
+ ...
Support ticket Jan 11, 2016

supermummy wrote:
Do you know about the exact link to contact the admins for this specific topic? I've sent a message but I'm not sure it's the right way.

There's a direct link on many screens, or a more general "Support" one, or use http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

Edited to say: Ah, I see you've already been successful

[Edited at 2016-01-11 17:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complaint about translator who left feedback on my Blue Board record

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »