Cannot search in source language
Автор темы: Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
Китай
английский => голландский
+ ...
Dec 21, 2012

For some reason, I cannot use Across to search for a word in the source language. Only the target language fields are searchable and the option round "source language" is greyed out. Why is this?

AAV
AAV
Local time: 03:44
You can use crossView Search tab for this Dec 21, 2012

Sander Van de Moortel wrote:

For some reason, I cannot use Across to search for a word in the source language. Only the target language fields are searchable and the option round "source language" is greyed out. Why is this?

1) You can search in Project Management module (outside of crossDesk translation environment), if you use Personal Edition or you are Project manager of Server. There search in Source language is possible.
2) The easier way would be to use crossView (panel on the left) "Search" tab, since you don't need the replace possibility for source.

Sander Van de Moortel
Sander Van de Moortel  Identity Verified
Китай
английский => голландский
+ ...
Автор темы
I'll try next time Dec 23, 2012

I will try next time, but why is the "source language" button greyed out? Seems like pretty basic functionality and would have saved me hours of time searching for certain terms.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot search in source language

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »