Java Runtime Environment 64-bit or 32-bit for Windows 7 x64?
Автор темы: Danesh
Danesh
Danesh
Local time: 17:57
английский => персидский (фарси)
Mar 6, 2013

I'm on Windows 7 x64. Should I install both Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.17 (64-bit) and (32-bit)?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments and advice.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Германия
Local time: 16:27
английский => немецкий
Both! Mar 6, 2013

Danesh wrote:

I'm on Windows 7 x64. Should I install both Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.17 (64-bit) and (32-bit)?

32 bit applications call for 32 bit Java, whereas 64 bit applications call for 64 bit Java.
So you should install both Javas in parallel, this is no problem at all.

Actually you can even keep/install older versions in parallel. Some older applications will not work with Java 1.7.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Тайвань
Local time: 22:27
английский => итальянский
+ ...
Depends... Mar 6, 2013

Danesh wrote:

Thank you very much in advance for your comments and advice.

If you have a 64-bit system (Windows 64-bit) then you may need both. The reason for this is that on 64-bit OS platforms you'll have both 32-bit and 64-bit applications, each of which will need its own dedicated Java platform. On the other hand, if your system is based on a 32-bit OS, you may not need the 64-bit version of Java since 32-bit OS' are unable to support any 64-bit application.

Since you are on a 64-bit system you need both. I'd also delete all old versions as some can have bugs and issues that could be exploited.

[Edited at 2013-03-06 13:29 GMT]

Danesh
Danesh
Local time: 17:57
английский => персидский (фарси)
Автор темы
Thank you Mar 7, 2013

Dear Rolf and Enrico,
Thank you very much indeed for your clear advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java Runtime Environment 64-bit or 32-bit for Windows 7 x64?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »