TRADOS MultiTerm Extract - a good investment?
Автор темы: Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 23:53
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Oct 19, 2005

Is this tool worth the cost? Does it do what it says it does? I am considering investing in it, and would appreciate comments and reports on your experiences. TIA

Woodstock

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Германия
Член ProZ.com c 2004
английский => словенский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
question repeated - practical experience with MT extract? Oct 31, 2005

I did not go for the october special, because I felt, getting bigger and better dictionaries faster is not the way to boost my productivity. At least not (yet) at the price offered.

What's the experience so far?

smo

PS: my biggest boost would come from a piece of software that would be versant in (slovenian) declension

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Using MT Extract occasionally Oct 31, 2005

Hi all,
Sorry for not responding earlier.

I have been using MT Extract 6.5 on occasions; results appear to be best when extracting terminology from TMs created by aligning highly structured texts, such as EU Directives, or manuals/systems documentation.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS MultiTerm Extract - a good investment?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »