Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 11:41
Член ProZ.com c 2002
английский => венгерский
+ ...
Jan 27, 2011

Today I received a spam (from a guy trying to sell his agency database) via my profile page.
This is nothing unusual, and I dealt with it my usual way - reported it as spam, using the link in the footer at the bottom of the message, and then also used the link to "Block profile messages from this sender:".
I was about to delete the message, when I took a closer look at the footer, and this is what I saw:
-----------
Block
... See more
Today I received a spam (from a guy trying to sell his agency database) via my profile page.
This is nothing unusual, and I dealt with it my usual way - reported it as spam, using the link in the footer at the bottom of the message, and then also used the link to "Block profile messages from this sender:".
I was about to delete the message, when I took a closer look at the footer, and this is what I saw:
-----------
Block profile messages from this sender: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ef&add_ip_block=163.30.188.31&[email protected]
-----------
(I put the x-es and the bold font there just now - not that the guy deserves to be protected this way, but anyway, rules are rules.)
Now, if I understand this link correctly, it would block not only the IP address, but also the specific email address from sending profile mail.
This is great!!!
Is this a new addition, or am I behind the times (again)?
Either way, it is a very welcomed change.
However, when I went to my profile page to check whether the block took effect, I did not see a list of blocked email addresses on my email preferences setting page.
Under Block lists there is a list of blocked ProZ usernames, and and also a list of blocked IP addresses, but no email list.
So, here is my question:
Could we have a list for blocked email addresses in the same fashion as the other two block lists we have?

Thanks
Katalin

[Edited at 2011-01-27 14:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile Block for specific email addresses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »