Сообщения в этом форуме могут публиковать только члены сайта.

MemoQ TGB - and the price is?
Автор темы: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 03:12
шведский => английский
+ ...
Sep 16, 2009

Don't know if this is the right forum, so the usual, "Moderator please feel free..."

I recently joined my first TGB (for MemoQ) and now that it's nearing the time to pay I'm being sent confusing messages about how much I actually need to pay.

The first two emails (Mon + Tues) state a cost of 362.5 incl. VAT, but todays email says 373.75.

On another note, it would be good if the VAT info wasn't hidden away in a footnote when publishing TGBs. It's more or les
... See more
Don't know if this is the right forum, so the usual, "Moderator please feel free..."

I recently joined my first TGB (for MemoQ) and now that it's nearing the time to pay I'm being sent confusing messages about how much I actually need to pay.

The first two emails (Mon + Tues) state a cost of 362.5 incl. VAT, but todays email says 373.75.

On another note, it would be good if the VAT info wasn't hidden away in a footnote when publishing TGBs. It's more or less standard in Europe to quote prices as "currency amount (incl/excl VAT)".

Not all freelancers, full or semi, in the EU are VAT registered (particularly in UK). So, on top of having to pay in Euros, for being careless/in a hurry when reading the offer, I'm now having to cough up 25% more than expected.
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 22:12
испанский => английский
+ ...
Staff will investigate Sep 16, 2009

Apologies for the confusion. I do see where the price has changed in subsequent mailings. The price is to be 299 Euros + VAT. I will confirm with the vendor and ensure that the proper price is communicated.

Drew MacFadyen

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 22:12
испанский => английский
+ ...
Price verification Sep 17, 2009

We contacted the distributor, and we realized that the initial VAT calculation was not correct so it was amended in the subsequent email. Sorry for the confusion. The correct price is 299 Euro + vat which is 373.75

We will, as you suggest, make the full price with VAT more clear in future TGB announcements.

Regards,

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ TGB - and the price is?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »