John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 13:49
Член ProZ.com c 2008
французский => английский
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

I work from 2 different locations, so to keep my email well synchronized, I use an IMAP account within Thunderbird on both computers. What I like about this is that once I read an email and it is marked as "Read" in one email client, when I run the other from a different location, IMAP synchronizes it so the mail also shows as "Read" or "Not read" on the second Thunderbird client.

Recently I was getting warnings that my email account was getting full, so I set a mail forwarder in t
... See more
I work from 2 different locations, so to keep my email well synchronized, I use an IMAP account within Thunderbird on both computers. What I like about this is that once I read an email and it is marked as "Read" in one email client, when I run the other from a different location, IMAP synchronizes it so the mail also shows as "Read" or "Not read" on the second Thunderbird client.

Recently I was getting warnings that my email account was getting full, so I set a mail forwarder in the cPanel, so that mail would be archived at a different account that I have elsewhere. This works fine except for a strange problem that I can't figure out. Ever since I have set a mail forwarder, the mail is marked "Read", even if I have never opened the mail. This is inconvenient, as it is hard to tell what mail has been read and what has not been read.

Does anyone know why this would be and how to prevent it from happening?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz Email, IMAP & Forwarding

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »