Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you usually suffer from migraines as a result of your work?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Дания
Local time: 17:40
Член ProZ.com c 2003
датский => английский
+ ...
Not from work Apr 26, 2016

I don't get migraines the way I used to - they were hormone-related and followed a definite pattern. The old-style medication was not much help. One of the advantages of getting older

I still get milder attacks - triggers are some types of perfume, alcohol, and going to bed even later than usual and disrupting my routine. That may be work and stress-related, but if I do it because I am out having fun, I still have to
... See more
I don't get migraines the way I used to - they were hormone-related and followed a definite pattern. The old-style medication was not much help. One of the advantages of getting older

I still get milder attacks - triggers are some types of perfume, alcohol, and going to bed even later than usual and disrupting my routine. That may be work and stress-related, but if I do it because I am out having fun, I still have to have my pills handy.
Another slightly mysterious trigger is exercise, especially when the weather is cold. I can go for a good walk with a warm scarf on, even in winter, but a if there are a lot of hills on a walking club route, I see a fantastic aura, chicken out halfway, and end up having to sleep it off with medication. I just don't seem to be able to improve my general fitness enough to raise the exercise threshold.

The medication takes the headache, and I am able to make polite conversation or watch undemanding TV. I can't stand bright lights, however, and trying to work 'under the influence' is a waste of time. The results are just amazingly bad!

Sumatriptan is a miracle for me - if I take it before the headache gets serious, I really barely know I have migraine any more. It gives me the shivers for an hour, but then I know I am over the worst!

I haven't tried the water cure, but my body thinks I need to lose a lot of water when I have an attack - I lose a couple of kilos sometimes! But in a day or two they are back on again...
Collapse

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you usually suffer from migraines as a result of your work?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »