Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you apply a surcharge for late payments?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 16:36
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский
+ ...
But what then? Mar 14, 2015

What if the client then pays the invoice (albeit late), but doesn't pay the surcharge? Are you then going to chase this small surcharge? Or are you going to forget it, effectively telling the client that there is no surcharge for late payments?

If a good client seems to have a good reason, e.g. they forgot (it happens!), then I can accept that. If the client regularly needs reminders then they have to go. Years ago, I used to let clients get away with a lot. Nowadays, I'm a lot less
... See more
What if the client then pays the invoice (albeit late), but doesn't pay the surcharge? Are you then going to chase this small surcharge? Or are you going to forget it, effectively telling the client that there is no surcharge for late payments?

If a good client seems to have a good reason, e.g. they forgot (it happens!), then I can accept that. If the client regularly needs reminders then they have to go. Years ago, I used to let clients get away with a lot. Nowadays, I'm a lot less forgiving.
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Польша
Local time: 17:36
английский => польский
+ ...
No Mar 22, 2015

No, and no interest either. But it will influence the probability of working together again.

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you apply a surcharge for late payments?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »