Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you kept all the files of your projects since you first started your translation career?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Allison Wright (X)
Allison Wright (X)  Identity Verified
Португалия
Local time: 08:26
I did - until I emigrated in 2008 May 2, 2011

I loaded my huge paper based archive (catalogued, referenced, etc.) onto my one-tonne truck and personally delivered to the waste paper recovery plant in Harare, Zimbabwe. Having worked for the head office of this papermaking conglomerate many years ago, I was able to speak to the foreman (who recognised me) and request immediate, while-u-wait shredding. Now, that is service! I managed to buy a soft drink on the way home with the money issued for the waste.
3.5 inch disks received a rather
... See more
I loaded my huge paper based archive (catalogued, referenced, etc.) onto my one-tonne truck and personally delivered to the waste paper recovery plant in Harare, Zimbabwe. Having worked for the head office of this papermaking conglomerate many years ago, I was able to speak to the foreman (who recognised me) and request immediate, while-u-wait shredding. Now, that is service! I managed to buy a soft drink on the way home with the money issued for the waste.
3.5 inch disks received a rather more primitive destruction method involving a screwdriver and a pair of scissors. Recent files were put on memory stick, but I may as well not have bothered.
The archive boxes were donated to the company I worked for at the time .
Altogether very cathartic!
Collapse

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Италия
Local time: 09:26
английский => итальянский
99.9% May 2, 2011

Basically all of them.
Most of them have been very useful for other translations.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:26
Член ProZ.com c 2004
итальянский => немецкий
+ ...
Responded "other" May 2, 2011

In fact, I probably would have kept them all or most of them, but I started, too, my business with a typewriter and so have kept only some interesting paper documents (originals or carbon copies) or, later on, a good number of floppy disks. But as soon as CDs or DVDs were available, I have kept everything, unless I was requested explicitly not do to so.

Marzia Nicole Bucca
Marzia Nicole Bucca  Identity Verified
Австралия
Local time: 17:26
английский => итальянский
+ ...
Me too! May 3, 2011

Simon Bruni wrote:

I chuck everything on a DVD at the end of each year.

Cheers
Simon

I do the same, it's fast and DVDs are really easy to store.

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you kept all the files of your projects since you first started your translation career?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »