Evi Wollinger
Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 17:56
Член ProZ.com c 2003
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Jul 10, 2009

I am just finishing a large translation (200+ pages), which contains a table of contents at the beginning of the document and an index at the end.

My problem is, that the index will update when I "update fields", but not the table of contents.
I don't know much about TOC fields and field codes, but I do know that I must fix this table of contents manually at the end of my translation - I won't, however, have much time left and therfore I am looking for a English-German transl
... See more
I am just finishing a large translation (200+ pages), which contains a table of contents at the beginning of the document and an index at the end.

My problem is, that the index will update when I "update fields", but not the table of contents.
I don't know much about TOC fields and field codes, but I do know that I must fix this table of contents manually at the end of my translation - I won't, however, have much time left and therfore I am looking for a English-German translator, who might be able to advise me how to go about this and/or help me.

Very grateful for any help or input!
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:56
шведский => английский
+ ...
Use styles Jul 10, 2009

As I understand it, the Table of contents relies on styles, specifically Heading 1, 2, 3.
So all the headings in the document must be in one of these styles, and the text must not be in any Heading style. Then, when you select Insert / ( Reference) / Index and Tables / Table of Contents, your Table of Contents will be automatically updated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with bookmarks

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »