Off topic: Recommend me a game I'd like!
Автор темы: Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 07:32
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

Any (smartphone) games/puzzles I play tend to be not about speed/fantasy/destruction, but about logic (e.g. sudoku, kakuro, trainyard, flow...).

There's no accounting for humour, or taste. This had me in stitches:
http://9gag.com/gag/16150

Are there any like-minded people out there? Any other games/apps you could recommend (to kill time at airports etc.)?

Anyone?... See more
Any (smartphone) games/puzzles I play tend to be not about speed/fantasy/destruction, but about logic (e.g. sudoku, kakuro, trainyard, flow...).

There's no accounting for humour, or taste. This had me in stitches:
http://9gag.com/gag/16150

Are there any like-minded people out there? Any other games/apps you could recommend (to kill time at airports etc.)?

Anyone?
Thanks, C
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Польша
английский => польский
+ ...
I've got a shooter that's named just Shooter Jun 23, 2013

And it isn't that bad, actually. I'm sort of looking forward to play the Lord of the Rings city sim, but I'm never really getting around to it. Plus, I think pinballs are good games for touch screens in terms of control.

OOT: There are guys who play Starcraft 2 with a touchpad...

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
Китай
Local time: 13:32
китайский => английский
If you like word games Jun 24, 2013

There's a nice one called Letterpress, where you're actually playing a match against someone, rather than just puzzling on your own.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 23:32
испанский => английский
+ ...
Words with friends Jun 24, 2013

Phil Hand wrote:

There's a nice one called Letterpress, where you're actually playing a match against someone, rather than just puzzling on your own.

Another similar game on facebook and smartphones is words with friends. None of my friends will play with me anymore. They said that being a translator is cheating. I disagree, I can only use words in English which drastically cuts my vocabulary.

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
английский
+ ...
Don't know if this is available for phones, but Jun 24, 2013

this is a great time waster... http://www.flashbynight.com/drench/

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Германия
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Sorry and thanks. Jun 24, 2013

When I started this thread a few weeks ago I was quickly censored and informed by the forum moderator that it was not in keeping with site policy, even on off-topic threads. So please do not participate further. I certainly won't.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommend me a game I'd like!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »