Страниц в теме:   [1 2] >
ProZ.com KudoZ add-on for Firefox updated
Автор темы: Jon Peck
Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:51
английский
Jan 26, 2010

The ProZ.com KudoZ add-on for Firefox has been updated to support Firefox 3.5 through 3.6. Offering convenient integration to KudoZ and ProZ.com term search, the add-on provides both a toolbar...

... and right-click searching of selected text from any web page.

For users who already have this add-on, this update also includes a number of interface improvements.

To download the add-on, visit http://www.proz.com/toolbar/

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 08:51
французский => немецкий
+ ...
Macs :( Jan 26, 2010

Hi Jon,
any chance to see a Mac OS X version of this add-on?

Laurent Krauland

Jon Peck
английский
Автор темы
Firefox is platform independent Jan 26, 2010

ScottishWildCat wrote:

Hi Jon,
any chance to see a Mac OS X version of this add-on?

Laurent Krauland
Laurent,

This add-on is for Mozilla Firefox, which is cross-platform. The add-on contains no platform specific code that I'm aware of. If you are using Firefox 3.5 or above for Mac OS X and cannot install the latest version of the add-on, please submit a support request and I (or someone in support) will help resolve the issue.

Best regards,
Jon

dkalinic
dkalinic
хорватский => немецкий
+ ...
Памяти
Not compatible with Firefox 3.5.7 Jan 26, 2010

Tried to install the add-on and got the message that it's not compatible with Firefox 3.5.7. Has anybody else gotten the same issue?

Regards,
Davor

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Франция
французский => немецкий
+ ...
I did... Jan 26, 2010

Davor Kalinic wrote:

Tried to install the add-on and got the message that it's not compatible with Firefox 3.5.7. Has anybody else gotten the same issue?

Regards,
Davor

and as suggested by Jon, I sent a support request.

The message reads:
Incompatible extension
ProZ.com KudoZ 4.0 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.7

Jon Peck
английский
Автор темы
Minimum version typo Jan 26, 2010

Davor Kalinic wrote:

Regards,
Davor
Davor,

I correct a typo in the minimum version; based on that error message, that should also resolve it for Laurent as well. I have tested v4.0.1 of the toolbar successfully in Firefox 3.5.7; please visit http://www.proz.com/toolbar and get the latest version.

Best regards,
Jon

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Мексика
Local time: 00:51
немецкий => английский
I tried Jan 26, 2010

to download the add-on and got this message: Firefox prevented this site (www.proz.com) from asking you to install software on your computer.

Jon Peck
английский
Автор темы
Standard message, click "Allow" Jan 26, 2010

Kim Metzger wrote:

to download the add-on and got this message: Firefox prevented this site (www.proz.com) from asking you to install software on your computer.
Kim,

This is a standard message; when asked by Firefox whether to allow the installation, click on "Allow" in the upper-right corner to continue. I have updated the page instructions.

Best regards,
Jon

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
английский
+ ...
Right-click search using Apple Magic Mouse? Jan 26, 2010

I just installed this add-on using Firefox 3.5.7, no problem.... but I have no idea how you do a right click search using the Magic Mouse . . .

[Edited at 2010-01-26 21:03 GMT]

Jon Peck
английский
Автор темы
Secondary click - control and click, or enable in menu Jan 26, 2010

Suzan Hamer wrote:

I just installed this add-on using Firefox 3.5.7, no problem.... but I have no idea how you do a right click search using the Magic Mouse . . .

Suzan,

There isn't a Magic Mouse available to test in the office, so I'm going to base my response off my research; the Apple Magic Mouse does support secondary click, but it's off by default.

Enabling Two Button Mode on Apple Magic Mouse

1. Under the Apple Menu, select System Preferences.
2. In System Preferences, click on the Mouse icon.
3. In the mouse preferences, check the box "Secondary click" and select the popup for "right". That makes the right side of the Magic Mouse act as a right mouse button. That's used in the Finder for contextual items and by apps for other functions.

If you don't want to have a two button mouse all the time, you can always leave the secondary click checkbox unchecked and access the right button, as needed, by holding down the Control Key when you left click.

Hope this helps,
Jon

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
английский
+ ...
Works perfectly. Jan 26, 2010

I went with the option of holding down the control key and clicking. Thanks! What a great feature! Are there other ProZ add-ons?

Dr. Andrew Frankland
Dr. Andrew Frankland  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2007
английский
+ ...
Works for me too Jan 26, 2010

Thanks for this, it'll save me few clicks. Now all we need is a smartphone-friendly version of the home page!!!!!!

Andy

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Франция
французский => немецкий
+ ...
Works perfectly fine... Jan 27, 2010

Thanks a lot, Jon.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:51
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => русский
+ ...
ЛОКАЛИЗАТОР САЙТА
Thanks! Works fine for me Jan 27, 2010

Using Firefox 3.6 (just upgraded) on Windows XP SP2. I have disabled add-on compatibility check (needed it for other add-ons), so can’t report about any compatibility issues.

P.S. If anyone needs to disable the add-on compatibility check, note that there is a small change in FF 3.6, as compared to previous versions. So, proceed as follows:
1. Open an empty page/tab, enter
Code:... See more
Using Firefox 3.6 (just upgraded) on Windows XP SP2. I have disabled add-on compatibility check (needed it for other add-ons), so can’t report about any compatibility issues.

P.S. If anyone needs to disable the add-on compatibility check, note that there is a small change in FF 3.6, as compared to previous versions. So, proceed as follows:
1. Open an empty page/tab, enter
Code:
about:config

into the URL field, hit Enter, confirm that you’ll be cautious (or whatever it says).
2. There, right-click and opt to create a new Boolean variable, name it:
Code:
extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6

(note that .3.6 — here is the difference)
and set it to false when prompted.
3. Restart FF.
Collapse

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2005
испанский => английский
We're up to Firefox 8 now Dec 5, 2011

I'm getting pop ups asking if I want to update. I'm guessing the Toolbar won't be compatible, that right?

Страниц в теме:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com KudoZ add-on for Firefox updated

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Поиск термина
  • Заказы
  • Форумы
  • Multiple search