Iniziatore argomento: Lilian Vardanyan
Lilian Vardanyan
Lilian Vardanyan
Grecia
Local time: 09:10
Da Greco a Inglese
+ ...
Aug 31, 2002

Sorry, perhaps I have missed this information. Would you please tell me the price for the proofreading, please?

Oleg Rudavin
Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
Ucraina
Membro (2003)
Da Inglese a Ucraino
+ ...
Varying as always Sep 1, 2002

Basically, it can amount to 15%-40% of the rate you usually charge for translation.

Cheers,

Oleg

Lilian Vardanyan
Lilian Vardanyan
Grecia
Da Greco a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thank you, Oleg! Sep 1, 2002

Hello Oleg, The estimated price for the translation from the English into the Russsian is 0,08 cents/word. So, it is about 0,04 cents/word. This is what I wrote in my bidding application.

Previously, I was claiming that there are not very many people working professionally with the Russian-Greek pair in Greece. Of course, lots of people work in the sphere of translation!

Thank you generally for the attentive and patient attitude in answering my question
... See more
Hello Oleg, The estimated price for the translation from the English into the Russsian is 0,08 cents/word. So, it is about 0,04 cents/word. This is what I wrote in my bidding application.

Previously, I was claiming that there are not very many people working professionally with the Russian-Greek pair in Greece. Of course, lots of people work in the sphere of translation!

Thank you generally for the attentive and patient attitude in answering my questions!
Collapse

Oleg Rudavin
Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
Ucraina
Membro (2003)
Da Inglese a Ucraino
+ ...
Don't overcharge, Lily! Sep 3, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-09-01 20:53, Lill wrote:

Previously, I was claiming that there are not very many people working professionally with the Russian-Greek pair in Greece. Of course, lots of people work in the sphere of translation! ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-09-01 20:53, Lill wrote:

Well, you may be overcharging because the DESIRED translation rate is $0.08 while the actual rate is somewhoat lower i believe

Thus, the rates for editing range $15-30 per 1,000 words.

Concerning the second part of your message, I\'m sure there are lots of translators, but not all - or few - of them use the web and ProZ in particular to search for jobs or KudoZ to solve translation problems. I personally referred a few dozens new translators from Ukraine and Russia to ProZ but many more of them are still unaware of it.

Happy translations!

Oleg ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The price of the proofreading.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »