Arlete Moraes
Arlete Moraes  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Muchas gracias Feb 3, 2009

[quote]RNAtranslator wrote:

Por supuesto que puedes subcontratar siendo autónoma. Trabajes donde trabajes, deberías pedir autorización al cliente para subcontratar.

Sí, es un lío. Tienes que llevar unos libros de cuentas, declarar el IVA trimestralmente, IRPF... Como dice Roderick, lo ideal sería utilizar los servicios de una gestoría, pero si no puedes permitírtelo, te sugiero que hagas un curso de fiscalidad para traductores. Hay uno no presencial; lo puedes encontrar en Google poniendo "curso fiscalidad traductores".

¡Salud!

Ignacio Vicario Esteban

I only outsource work from direct clients, not agencies and always tell them. I'll have to see if it's worth to continue with these translations, though.

Thank you very much for your tips Ignacio, they are very helpful. In the beginning it's going to he hard I suppose, but I am excited with the fact that at least there will be sunshine to compensate the bureaucracy!! After so many years in London this is a gift!

Take care,
Arlete

Penelope Ausejo
Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Where are you going? Feb 4, 2009

Arlete Moraes wrote:

In the beginning it's going to he hard I suppose, but I am excited with the fact that at least there will be sunshine to compensate the bureaucracy!! After so many years in London this is a gift!

Take care,
Arlete

Yes... lucky! Where are you going? I also miss the sun... the weather in Pamplona is pretty much like yours (in London).

Ignacio: El pobre informático lleva años ayudándome (trabaja en la última empresa en la que trabajé yo) y nunca me ha cobrado un duro. A mí me gustaría pagarle pero él no lo consiente y por eso estuve mirando qué había que hacer para que me pudiera emitir una factura.

[Edited at 2009-02-04 03:06 GMT]

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
A couple of things Feb 25, 2009

The salario minimo interprofesional was 600 a month or 8400 a year (on a basis of 12 pays + 2 extra pays) for the year 2008, in 2009 it will be slightly higher.

The social security contribution is 240 a month, however this is the absolute minimum, this amount is taken into consideration when calculating sick pay (autonomos now have sick pay in Spain) and retirement pensions. Also for 2009 the government is thinking of allowing autonomos to be entitled to the dole (paro in Spanish) a
... See more
The salario minimo interprofesional was 600 a month or 8400 a year (on a basis of 12 pays + 2 extra pays) for the year 2008, in 2009 it will be slightly higher.

The social security contribution is 240 a month, however this is the absolute minimum, this amount is taken into consideration when calculating sick pay (autonomos now have sick pay in Spain) and retirement pensions. Also for 2009 the government is thinking of allowing autonomos to be entitled to the dole (paro in Spanish) and the social security contribution will be used for this amount as well. So if you have the chance of paying more than 240 do so, it will be worth it in the long run.
Collapse

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
More comments Feb 26, 2009

Alex Lago wrote:

In 2009 the "salario mínimo interprofesional" is:
- 20,80 EUR/day or
- 624 EUR/month

http://www.boe.es/aeboe/consultas/bases_datos/doc.php?coleccion=iberlex&id=2008/20958

Alex Lago wrote:

The social security contribution is 240 a month, however this is the absolute minimum, this amount is taken into consideration when calculating sick pay (autonomos now have sick pay in Spain) and retirement pensions. Also for 2009 the government is thinking of allowing autonomos to be entitled to the dole (paro in Spanish) and the social security contribution will be used for this amount as well.

The problem of the government project for the dole entitlement (in case of Spanish self-employed workers) is that it takes in consideration only the so-called "autónomos dependientes", that is, "autónomos" which 75% of income is guaranteed by one client. So first of all, before receiving the dole from the State, you'll have to prove that you had to quit because your principal client went bancrupt or simply stopped working with you.

Besides, you will be entitled to receive the dole only if you were working during last 12 months and paying your Social Security contribution incremented each month by 30 EUR aprox.

Regards,
M.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Think it through carefully Mar 3, 2009

Arlete Moraes wrote:

According to my accountant it is possible to remain registered as self-employed in the UK, pay the taxes over here while living in Spain.

Just off the top of my head, I'd think twice before doing that. My advice is to set yourself up as an "autonomo/a"with the SS here in Spain and do it that way, because there isn't a lot of communication between the UK and Spanish tax authorities.
If you're moving over to Spain, why would you want to remain registered in UK? I don't see the point, unless you're trying to avoid VAT payments or similar, which is a waste of time IMO.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Self-employment in Spain

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »