Paging problem in Kudos questions
Thread poster: Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:08
French to English
Oct 16, 2003

Hi,

It seems that there is a small problemette with the paging in Kudos questions. I’ve tried switching designs, but to no avail.
I’ve only got one language pair defined (Fr-Eng), but sometimes I like to look at the other stuff too.

So, to give you the full story.
Start point. Home page. French> English selected/highlighted.
I click on the “see more questions” link from Home and it’s fine, it shows Fr-Eng, no problems
(and the paramet
... See more
Hi,

It seems that there is a small problemette with the paging in Kudos questions. I’ve tried switching designs, but to no avail.
I’ve only got one language pair defined (Fr-Eng), but sometimes I like to look at the other stuff too.

So, to give you the full story.
Start point. Home page. French> English selected/highlighted.
I click on the “see more questions” link from Home and it’s fine, it shows Fr-Eng, no problems
(and the parameters in the URL are displayed as: /?bs=1&level=all ).
And this, Fr-Eng only display, pages back and forth OK, no problem.

If I then click on the “Easy All Pairs” tab, this also appears to be fine, shows the first page of everything, and the params in the URL are given as ?sp=ks&level=easy&show_mode=all&expand=

The problem is that if I then click “More >” it reverts back to showing Fr-Eng questions only. In this case, the URL params are given as follows:

/index.php3?sp=ks&level=easy&show_mode=all&start_page=1&from=fra&to=eng&disc=&ks_status=&my_q=&my_a=&expand=

It would appear, then, that for some reason, the script decides to insert “from=fra” and “to=eng” and all the rest of the stuff.
It is true that I can work around it, by editing the “from=fra&to=eng&” part out of the URL and hitting send, but it is a little bit annoying.

the same paging problem arises if, on the Home Page, instead of having “French > English” highlighted, I select “All Pairs” on the home page, and then “see more questions”. The first page is all the questions for all pairs (OK), if I then click on “More >”, it reverts back to Fr-Eng only.

It seems to me that this qualifies as a bug! However, if you tell me I’m using the system in a way it was not designed to be used, then by all means just tell me the way I should be doing it! Thanks very much,
Regards,
Charlie Bavington

PS: Apologies if already raised - I looked as far back as May and couldn't see a likely posting. If it is, and I didn't see it, then maybe a KEL would be an idea??

PPS: (Oct 22nd) Since Ralf Lemster's answer to someone else's question pointed out how to change language pairs using My.ProZ.com, then I can now work around the problem anyway.

[Edited at 2003-10-22 12:02]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paging problem in Kudos questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »