Susana González Tuya
Susana González Tuya
Spain
Local time: 18:08
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

I am starting an MA Bilingual Translation at the University of Westminster on October but I am not sure which optional modules to take. If it was up to me I will take them all but that's not posible so I was wondering if any of you who had study there could give me your advise.

Initially I was thinking of choosing Subtitling and CAT

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-21 16:24 GMT]

earlyesther
earlyesther
Local time: 23:08
Indonesian to English
+ ...
I would like to take MA in Translation and Interpreting there too next year! Aug 21, 2009

Hi SGT,

It's really nice to know you. I plan to take a course in University of Westminster too next year. Probably MA Translation and Interpreting because English is not my mother tongue therefore the options are limited I suppose.

If me, I will choose translation with the help of translation software, or even Google Translate. I have an interesting case regarding google translate and if it meets the requirement, I want to use it as my thesis. =)

However,
... See more
Hi SGT,

It's really nice to know you. I plan to take a course in University of Westminster too next year. Probably MA Translation and Interpreting because English is not my mother tongue therefore the options are limited I suppose.

If me, I will choose translation with the help of translation software, or even Google Translate. I have an interesting case regarding google translate and if it meets the requirement, I want to use it as my thesis. =)

However, once again it's really nice to know you! Let's meet in the university!

Regards,
Esther
Collapse

Marzena Adamik
Marzena Adamik
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:08
English to Polish
graduate Sep 17, 2009

All the modules there are really interesting and worth taking, I suggest editing and translation theory. Editing is really helpful in future career and translation theory is helpful in your thesis or project at the end.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on MA, Bilingual Translation at University of Westminster

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »