Pagine:   [1 2] >
Off topic: What is your daily exercise routine?
Iniziatore argomento: Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:14
Membro (2004)
Da Inglese a Persiano (farsi)
+ ...
Jun 12, 2006

Since we sit all day and mostly work with our computers, routine exercise may seem more than just a fitness necessity.

I personally do 20 min. cardio in the morning followed by a 2 km walk and in the afternoon, a 2 km jog. Occasionally, I go for less than an hour bicycle rides during the week.

[Edited at 2006-06-12 04:11]

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 13:14
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
In memoriam
Walking and Hard Physical Labor Jun 12, 2006

I walk because I enjoy it and often to take care of errands, and I do hard physical labor because there is always plenty of it to be done wherever I am, just no end to it.

Plus it is all productive.

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Local time: 21:14
Membro (2002)
Da Tedesco a Olandese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Irregularly Jun 12, 2006

I don't exercise daily. Last fall after a long time of hesitating (my good 80 year old aphasia suffering mam used to call a home trainer a homo trainer, which gave me the idea to share some speech therapy with her before buying such device) I bought a home trainer and I pledged myself to do 1 km a day (600 m shaving and 400 m toothpicking). That's not much. Furthermore I try to bike every km I travel and in case of no much cycling and with nice weather I do a lot of swimming. Long ago did volley... See more
I don't exercise daily. Last fall after a long time of hesitating (my good 80 year old aphasia suffering mam used to call a home trainer a homo trainer, which gave me the idea to share some speech therapy with her before buying such device) I bought a home trainer and I pledged myself to do 1 km a day (600 m shaving and 400 m toothpicking). That's not much. Furthermore I try to bike every km I travel and in case of no much cycling and with nice weather I do a lot of swimming. Long ago did volleyball, indoor football. At this very moment I'm putting stuff on my laptop and I'm cleaning my part of the common watercourse behind my house.Collapse

Hester Eymers
Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Membro (2005)
Da Inglese a Olandese
+ ...
Walking Jun 12, 2006

I walk for half an hour every day, in the woods behind my house. I go swimming every week (also about half an hour) and go to the gym once or twice a week. If the weather is fine, I take my bicycle to go to the library, the bookshop or a friend (within a distance of, say, 15 km).

Andrea Brumma
Andrea Brumma
Spagna
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Half an hour per day Jun 12, 2006

I walk for half an hour every day during my lunch break or after work and one hour on Saturdays and Sundays. I need this to relax mentally and physically (especially my muscles in shoulders and back).

Andrea

Marion Lurf
Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 20:14
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Not daily Jun 12, 2006

Unfortunately I don't have any daily exercise routine, but I play volleyball at national league level and we normally have 2 training sessions and one game per week. The season already finished in March though, so at the moment I'm a bit out of shape! Now I'm looking forward to a big outdoor tournament which is taking place in Eindhoven this weekend - Henk, might this also be of interest to you?

Marion

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
Francia
Da Francese a Hindi
+ ...
rare Jun 12, 2006

well... it is really rare... It's been more than 5-6 years since I did any real exercise. Well, I do walk from time to time but that's not a real exercise... I used to practice Yoga but...

marie-christine périé
marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
Francia
Da Inglese a Francese
+ ...
depends on the season Jun 12, 2006

all through autumn, winter and spring, I walk one hour a day along the Mediterranean sea at lunch time. Now that the weather has turned nice, I swim for half an hour, also at lunch time. The beach is only 2 min. walk from my house.
Plus I often walk/trek all day on Sundays, not far from home either (but we have to go by car).
Ooooh I'm lucky!

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Membro (2004)
Da Inglese a Persiano (farsi)
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
I'm so jealous! Jun 12, 2006

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Irlanda
Local time: 20:14
what i do Jun 12, 2006

i'm terrible during the winter, i hardly do any exercise and working at home does not help matters at all.

However, i'm back on track again. I swim twice a week (aim for 20 lengths) and started playing tennis again (badly, but I don't care!!).

O.

Ingrid Lovric
Ingrid Lovric
Da Inglese a Croato
+ ...
I try, but do not succeed always! Jun 12, 2006

I hike and walk almost every day, and in the evening I try to do a 20 minute exercise (push-up's, legs, lower back, etc.)

But sometimes I am so tiered in the evening that I fall asleep when I lay on the floor to start exercising - unbelievable, but true

Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:14
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
+ ...
pilates Jun 12, 2006

An hour of advanced pilates three times a week is a must to relief my back and shoulders muscles from the tension of the keyboard. Short walks with my dog several times a day plus a much longer walk over weekends are also great.

Cheers,
Atenea

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spagna
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
swimming-cycling-playing tennis-riding Jun 12, 2006

It all started with swimming about a year ago, 2 or 3 times a week, for the sake of my back...then I gave up smoking and decided I needed more intensive exercise, so I tried loads of indoor things, but none of them were for me....

Then I heard the enticing sound of tennis balls nearby...and discovered my town had a tennis club, so now I play 2 or 3 times a week, then I decided that even if my town was hilly I would start cycling, so I do that at weekends, Sat and Sun both if I can..
... See more
It all started with swimming about a year ago, 2 or 3 times a week, for the sake of my back...then I gave up smoking and decided I needed more intensive exercise, so I tried loads of indoor things, but none of them were for me....

Then I heard the enticing sound of tennis balls nearby...and discovered my town had a tennis club, so now I play 2 or 3 times a week, then I decided that even if my town was hilly I would start cycling, so I do that at weekends, Sat and Sun both if I can...and I've started back horseriding after 20 years....

Basically I spend the first few hours of each day doing some kind of sport, then come home and do admin (calls, mails, etc), and finally I get to work at about 3 or 4 or 5 pm until 10 or later...goodness, it's 5.37, I'd better get a move on:-)
Collapse

Olga Dubeshka (X)
Olga Dubeshka (X)  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Da Russo a Inglese
+ ...
Yoga is the best Jun 12, 2006

Before my son was born, I used to do karate and it really put
me in the best shape of my life !

I also practiced some yoga (mostly meditating), and any kind of physical activity -walking, jogging, swimming- that came my way. You really do not need a gym membership to stay in shape - just determination .

However, now that I have my son , a toddler, with me all day, it is almost impossible to steal even a few minutes a day
for myself ! Besides, being sleep-dep
... See more
Before my son was born, I used to do karate and it really put
me in the best shape of my life !

I also practiced some yoga (mostly meditating), and any kind of physical activity -walking, jogging, swimming- that came my way. You really do not need a gym membership to stay in shape - just determination .

However, now that I have my son , a toddler, with me all day, it is almost impossible to steal even a few minutes a day
for myself ! Besides, being sleep-deprived and always tired does not put you in a mood for excercise.

But RELAXATION and MEDITATION technics I learned from yoga are extremely handy !!! When you feel like your mind
went dull after long hours of staring at the screen and you cannot remember the simplest word , or get overwhelmed with work, instead of downing another espresso try the lotus pose, or the famous corpse pose , and - this is VERY important - clear your mind of ALL thoughts for at least a minute.
Works so great, you will not believe it.
Collapse

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:14
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Running... Jun 12, 2006

...through the woods, every morning before work, rain or shine, 40 minutes +. Kayaking in the evenings during the summer months. Dancing like nobody’s watching
j.

Pagine:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is your daily exercise routine?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »