Yevgeni Gerasimenko
Ukraine
Local time: 13:52
Dutch to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cat´s identity May 21, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

I get the limitations of a so-called Facebook page, but breaking the Facebook rules by setting up a personal profile in a fake name does not inspire trust, and you need donors to trust you to make donations. A donor would want to know that there is an actual shelter behind this and that it's not just a scam profile or page.

that´s a good point, I agree. I think the page must be not mine, but one of my cat´s who will act as the spokesman for all those in the shelter. And here Comrade Catimir Felinsky shall be perfect.

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:52
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Point taken May 22, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

I get the limitations of a so-called Facebook page, but breaking the Facebook rules by setting up a personal profile in a fake name does not inspire trust, and you need donors to trust you to make donations. A donor would want to know that there is an actual shelter behind this and that it's not just a scam profile or page.

Thomas is right, and trust is everything in those matters. You could go for something along the lines of Yevgeni Gerasimenko's animal shelter, featuring Comrade Felinsky and his cool clowder of cats.

expressisverbis

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Italian to Russian
+ ...
update May 22, 2022

Gennady Lapardin wrote:
also very cute fictional name is C'mell [kem'el] (see wikipedia), from the 1960s

just for eventual reference, it's also pronounced [s'iimel]
can't help not mentioning this surprising comment back from 2008: "But on the other hand, there’s always Norstrilia. I imagine the promo for that movie sounding something like ‘A Boy, A Cat and a Computer conquer the Earth – to buy a postage stamp!’" http://cordwainer-smith.com/blog/cordwainer-smith-at-the-movies.html

[Edited at 2022-05-22 10:05 GMT]

Yevgeni Gerasimenko
Yevgeni Gerasimenko
Ukraine
Dutch to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Comrade Felinsky May 23, 2022

This one will be the face of my Shelter. Originally, I have called him Tumba Johansson, but from now on he will be Comrade Felinsky
[img]https://sun9-west.userapi.com/sun9-46/s/v1/if2/I9oBjOw0bPYpqA-zc9XirSNi-oSOdgG_sWcb1FexTqmt66Eo3a8RfIuymMXsbiaDcOf1YAF2x6Wct700gjVwIKV6.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=95&type=album[/img]

Gennady Lapardin
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fictional surname for cat shelter donation drive: suggestions needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »