Céline Hérouart
Céline Hérouart  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 12:39
angol - francia
+ ...
Nov 26, 2011

Hello all,

I'm not used working with Passolo (2011 Translator Edition) and have the following issue:

I'm working on a project with a colleague and the big question is, when she sends me the translation bundle back with her strings/files translated, how am I supposed to integrate them in my translation bundle?

I mean, I just have to replace the untranslated strings/files in my bundle cascade with hers (translated). I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to do s
... See more
Hello all,

I'm not used working with Passolo (2011 Translator Edition) and have the following issue:

I'm working on a project with a colleague and the big question is, when she sends me the translation bundle back with her strings/files translated, how am I supposed to integrate them in my translation bundle?

I mean, I just have to replace the untranslated strings/files in my bundle cascade with hers (translated). I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to do so, but I just can't find it.

According to the software documentation, there's supposed to be an Import function in the File menu, but I don't have it in my version.

Many thanks for helping me with that!
Collapse

celtanc
celtanc
angol
Depends on project/bundle structure Nov 27, 2011

Hi Céline,

that depends on the project/bundle structure that you have:

if your project manager is using Passolo Collaboration to export the bundle and your colleage is using a copy of your bundle (Project > Bundle,Bundle), the three of you just need to click on File / Synchronize Exports from time to time.

if your colleague's bundle has been exported from your bundle (Project > Bundle > Bundle) you need to ask the person who did this export, because for ex
... See more
Hi Céline,

that depends on the project/bundle structure that you have:

if your project manager is using Passolo Collaboration to export the bundle and your colleage is using a copy of your bundle (Project > Bundle,Bundle), the three of you just need to click on File / Synchronize Exports from time to time.

if your colleague's bundle has been exported from your bundle (Project > Bundle > Bundle) you need to ask the person who did this export, because for exporting/importing you need the full version of Passolo.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo: replace files in a translation bundle cascade

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »