XTM Cloud QA vs. Xbench QA
Thread poster: Aranzazu Salguero Lemaur (X)
Aranzazu Salguero Lemaur (X)
Aranzazu Salguero Lemaur (X)
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 17, 2017

Hi all,

This is a long post. I have been trying the XTM Cloud QA checker for a long time, but I think I am missing some of the features Xbench offers, such as:

1. Inconsistency in source
2. Inconsistency in target
3. Numeric mismatch: I think XTM is not completely updated, because it keeps on highlighting numbers when they are completely correct (i.e. it does not consider country-specific standards, such as decimal commas/dots)
4. Repeated word
... See more
Hi all,

This is a long post. I have been trying the XTM Cloud QA checker for a long time, but I think I am missing some of the features Xbench offers, such as:

1. Inconsistency in source
2. Inconsistency in target
3. Numeric mismatch: I think XTM is not completely updated, because it keeps on highlighting numbers when they are completely correct (i.e. it does not consider country-specific standards, such as decimal commas/dots)
4. Repeated word
5. A better spell checker (I keep on downloading the file to run the spell checker on my target through Microsoft Word).

SO my questions are:

1. Are you noticing you are missing all these features, or maybe some more, which Xbench offers?
2. What do you do in the case where you are missing these features in XTM? Do you still download the target file and convert it to a file extension supported by Xbench to run Xbench's QA?
3. Are there any regular expressions to see if we have repeated words, for example, in XTM? Or do you catch these errors by running the Microsoft Word spell checker?
4. How do you identify inconsistencies in target? By simply remembering and searching on the TM (if the text is not too long)?
5. The last one: is there other QA software that might work better than Xbench and XTM (to avoid the fuss of converting files)?

Thanks!
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:13
Translation quality checks Aug 21, 2017

Dear Aranzazu,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and questions about automated translation quality checks.
XTM features a number of verifications mechanisms that help prevent such errors from occurring in translated texts. The built-in verification tools let you find different problems with numbers, punctuation, language, and terminology. Repeated words can be highlighted as well but each of the options has to be activated first under Configuration > Settings > QA > QA checks
... See more
Dear Aranzazu,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and questions about automated translation quality checks.
XTM features a number of verifications mechanisms that help prevent such errors from occurring in translated texts. The built-in verification tools let you find different problems with numbers, punctuation, language, and terminology. Repeated words can be highlighted as well but each of the options has to be activated first under Configuration > Settings > QA > QA checks.

Also, important is the difference between XTM Cloud and xBench. XTM is a complete localization platform. It lets you translate and manage translations with a vast choice of CAT and project management features and options. XTM is an end-to-end translation solution that covers every aspect of the localization process.
Then, xBench is a translation quality assurance tool which allows you to verify translation as its prime function. The two represent different software types and as such should not be compared.

XTM has a lot of new features coming in the pipeline that also include improvements to the QA process. If you want to add your notes about the spellchecker, please email a few examples to XTM Support.

Best regards,
XTM Support
Collapse

pep
pep
Local time: 19:13
English to Spanish
Why convert? Aug 26, 2017

@Aranzazu, why do you wish to convert downloaded XTM files before loading them to Xbench?

If you are using a recent build of Xbench 3.0, you just need to download the XTM XLIFF files, right-click and then choose "Run QA in Xbench".

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:13
Alternatives Aug 27, 2017

pep wrote:

download the XTM XLIFF files, right-click and then choose "Run QA in Xbench".

You can also use Verifika or ErrorSpy.

http://help.e-verifika.com/general_information/file_format_support/

[Edited at 2017-08-27 17:23 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

XTM Cloud QA vs. Xbench QA

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »