Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:20
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2020

I'm new to WF Pro 5. I'm working on a large editing project and have a few questions and comments:

1) Search/Replace: how do I get keyboard shortcuts? In WF Pro 3 I could hit "R" and "N". For now I am doing a lot of mouse clicking.
2) How do I Replace without jumping to next item? I could do this in WF Pro 3 but apparently not in 5.
3) How do I jump to the first segment? The last segment?

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances w
... See more
I'm new to WF Pro 5. I'm working on a large editing project and have a few questions and comments:

1) Search/Replace: how do I get keyboard shortcuts? In WF Pro 3 I could hit "R" and "N". For now I am doing a lot of mouse clicking.
2) How do I Replace without jumping to next item? I could do this in WF Pro 3 but apparently not in 5.

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances were replaced. Can this be fixed?
5) You have to click out of a segment to see a misspelled word underlined. Can this be fixed?
6) I can't highlight different parts of a segment by holding down the Ctl key. Can this be fixed?

[Edited at 2020-09-03 08:17 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
That intuitive? Sep 3, 2020

No questions at all?

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was blank Sep 3, 2020

Hi Hans.

Somehow the text of my original post got deleted. Luckily my handy Ditto Editor had copied it so I just pasted it back in.

Any ideas on my questions?

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2 Sep 3, 2020

Edward Potter wrote:

4) When you do a Replace All, it doesn't tell you how many instances were replaced. Can this be fixed?
5) You have to click out of a segment to see a misspelled word underlined. Can this be fixed?
6) I can't highlight different parts of a segment by holding down the Ctl key. Can this be fixed?

[Edited at 2020-09-03 08:17 GMT]

1) Go to "Preferences" --> There you'll find all the shortcuts

3) You don't jump to first or last segment, you elegantly scroll...

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
These features were available in WF Pro 3 Sep 3, 2020

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

1) The shortcuts I want are not listed under Preferences. When I hit Ctl-H and get the Find/Replace dialog, I can only Find/Replace by clicking my mouse, and clicking and clicking and clicking. In WF Pro 3 I just needed to hit either "N" or R" on my keyboard.

3) In WF Pro 3 I could just hit Ctl-Start or Ctl-End. Scrolling with the mouse is not so elegant to me.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:20
English to French
+ ...
Jump Sep 3, 2020

here's one

Edward Potter wrote:

ctrl G + your segment number

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2 Sep 3, 2020

Edward Potter wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

1) The shortcuts I want are not listed under Preferences. When I hit Ctl-H and get the Find/Replace dialog, I can only Find/Replace by clicking my mouse, and clicking and clicking and clicking. In WF Pro 3 I just needed to hit either "N" or R" on my keyboard.

3) In WF Pro 3 I could just hit Ctl-Start or Ctl-End. Scrolling with the mouse is not so elegant to me.

Thanks for your question 3), I just discovered that CTRL+Start / CTRL+End do work on the Mac. AFAIK this is undocumented.
And there's a Goto segment (CMD+segment number), too, but you have to know the segment number you want to go to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 Basic Questions 2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »