Jarosław Sawiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:27
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 13, 2018

I just started using DeepL as I've heard good things about it. So far it works well translation-wise, with one HUGE problem. Any time it encouters tags, it goes crazy. E.g. [bold] tags come back from MT as expected, as "x0_" or as repeated text, seemingly at random. So [bold]text[/bold] becomes "x0_'text'x1_" or even text, -text. Same applies to other tags.
Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea how to fix it?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 10:27
Send Feedback report Dec 14, 2018

Jarosław Sawiuk wrote:

I just started using DeepL as I've heard good things about it. So far it works well translation-wise, with one HUGE problem. Any time it encouters tags, it goes crazy. E.g. [bold] tags come back from MT as expected, as "x0_" or as repeated text, seemingly at random. So [bold]text[/bold] becomes "x0_'text'x1_" or even text, -text. Same applies to other tags.
Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea how to fix it?

Hi Jarosław,

Can you send feedback report from help > Feedback and select the project files checkbox. Let us know which segment in file you have this problem. I couldn't reproduce the issue but want to be sure if this is a problem with certain file types.

Thank you,

John

Jarosław Sawiuk
Jarosław Sawiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:27
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Sent Dec 15, 2018

Hey, I just sent a feedback report. I couldn't send you my real work files (they are confidential), but I managed to reproduce the issue right away on a test file. Please contact me by e-mail if you need any more action on my part. I'll be happy to help to resolve the problem.

Tracy Miller
Tracy Miller
United States
Local time: 12:27
Japanese to English
+ ...
I have the same issue. May 25, 2022

I have tried everything but I still get *X0- and other weirdness for some tags, but not all. I have resorted to removing the formatting in the source but that's not exactly a great solution. What is the resolution?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags come out mangled in DeepL in Wordfast Pro for Mac

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »