Thread poster: Titus Haennni
Titus Haennni
Titus Haennni  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:56
English to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2017

Pretty self explanatory. I just switched to WF Pro 5 from the 3 version and created my "first" project (a few remote TMs and a file, for an existing client). The software took ages to create the project! And I mean in the order of ten minutes. You could see the progress bar plodding along like an elderly donkey taking a stroll.
I would like to specify the project is nothing out of the ordinary. The file is in the 6 thousand words, and there are 4 online TMs... if that is enough to faze the
... See more
Pretty self explanatory. I just switched to WF Pro 5 from the 3 version and created my "first" project (a few remote TMs and a file, for an existing client). The software took ages to create the project! And I mean in the order of ten minutes. You could see the progress bar plodding along like an elderly donkey taking a stroll.
I would like to specify the project is nothing out of the ordinary. The file is in the 6 thousand words, and there are 4 online TMs... if that is enough to faze the latest iteration of Wordfast PRO, I think I'll start asking for my money back.

I would like to know if there's anything I can do to avoid this in the future. I will be creating quite a few projects to migrate from WF 3 and I'd rather not have to wait for ages each time.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:56
Member (2006)
French to English
Tech support Oct 30, 2017

Hi DrAT2,

This sounds like something that should be investigated by tech support. Have you submitted a ticket? Include as many details as possible (file types, size, contains images, remote TMs, etc.).

Best,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 taking ages to create project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »