Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 21, 2017

Hello everyone

Is there a bilingual review type of feature in WFP 5, i.e. exporting the project's content to a DOC file for editing/translating and then importing it again into the project?

Also, I understand that a chained project can't be saved as a single TXLF file, but can one export the chained content to a format that allows for importing it again?

Thanks
Samuel

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:21
English to French
+ ...
Export to Word: Yes Oct 21, 2017

Open Project
Double-click on file to start translation
After the cursor has been in a segment (otherwise, the menu item does not show): click on the File tab, then click on "Get Bilingual Table".
Then, translating the target column and re-importing the file should work the same as it did in version 3 (Note: I haven't tried that in 5 yet).

WRT to exporting and reimporting a project containing several files, that was demoed to us during the training session (part of
... See more
Open Project
Double-click on file to start translation
After the cursor has been in a segment (otherwise, the menu item does not show): click on the File tab, then click on "Get Bilingual Table".
Then, translating the target column and re-importing the file should work the same as it did in version 3 (Note: I haven't tried that in 5 yet).

WRT to exporting and reimporting a project containing several files, that was demoed to us during the training session (part of WfP5 Road Show in New York City last Saturday), but my memory of the exact process is a bit fuzzy (as in "It did seem completely obvious at the time."
Try this, from the translation screen:
Project Files tab
Click on Export Package

To Import a project, click on Import Package.

In truth, it seemed to me at the time that this feature is designed for agencies to distribute stuff to translators.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:21
Member (2006)
French to English
Quicktools Oct 22, 2017

Hi Samuel,

You will find bilingual import/export in Quicktools. Check out the manual here (search for bilingual export), it explains how it works: http://wordfast.com/WFP/5.2/Wordfast_Pro_Help.htm

Not sure I understand your question about saving chained file. I think what you are looking for is under bilingual export in quicktools: export all the TXLF files as o
... See more
Hi Samuel,

You will find bilingual import/export in Quicktools. Check out the manual here (search for bilingual export), it explains how it works: http://wordfast.com/WFP/5.2/Wordfast_Pro_Help.htm

Not sure I understand your question about saving chained file. I think what you are looking for is under bilingual export in quicktools: export all the TXLF files as one bilingual file.

Best,
John
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two WFP5 questions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »