Thread poster: Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:08
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

I'm looking for a tool that would have a PM view of the ongoing projects and deadlines, rather than a CAT-tool interface.

I'd like to be able to manage the following:
- the linguist database;
- the client database;
- a basic project life cycle (including blacklists, TM non-compliance, review, etc.);
- running reports (financial, project and word count-related).

I am reviewing too many tools at the moment with too many bells and whistles, but the
... See more
I'm looking for a tool that would have a PM view of the ongoing projects and deadlines, rather than a CAT-tool interface.

I'd like to be able to manage the following:
- the linguist database;
- the client database;
- a basic project life cycle (including blacklists, TM non-compliance, review, etc.);
- running reports (financial, project and word count-related).

I am reviewing too many tools at the moment with too many bells and whistles, but the majority of jobs can be managed on the fly without adding them as projects in the first place. In other words I don't think I need a fully fledged CAT or CRM but something in between - a lightweight PM tool with some CAT functionality. Please note invoicing is not needed.

I hope this makes sense and I look forward to your recommendations.

[Edited at 2019-03-14 18:49 GMT]
Collapse

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:08
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
PM through Baccs Mar 14, 2019

Dear Diana,

I am very happy with Baccs as a translation management tool. It comes with a plus subscription to Proz. Eugene, the designer, is very responsive to customer comments.

It integrates with CAT tools, but is not a CAT tool itself. MemoQ has a language terminal as a quasi-management tool, but it doesn't have enough features to be usable, IMHO.

Bill Tierney

Jakov Milicevic

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Project Management - Small Team/Agency

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »