Article: Confessions of a translator heretic
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
May 4, 2006

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "Confessions of a translator heretic".

tiandaijun
tiandaijun
China
Local time: 00:35
English to Chinese
The words really come out of my heart Dec 10, 2006

this is really useful article , especally for those are struggling for translation or interpretation career. Great thanks for the orginal author.

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:35
Great text!!! Jan 4, 2007

It is the KudoZ that has recently reminded me of LOST... (the movie series). How can I choose a good answer to a question about a term from a scientific text on something I have no idea about... Be it one answer or four suggestions, with or without agrees... How can I make a right choice? Am I not totally lost? Literacy has many faces

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:35
Italian to Russian
+ ...
A good Halloween story, thank you! Oct 30, 2012

At the same time, the list of illiteracy contains the enthusiastic message: So many people are literate and are our potential clients!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:35
English to Thai
+ ...
Favorite job Jun 12, 2017

Translation is my favorite job.
I am an engineering graduate.
But the income from engineering career for me is much lower than income from freelance translation.
This can be a life and an incentive why one 64-years old translator live on translation job.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro
Bangkok

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: Confessions of a translator heretic

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »