United Kingdom
Local time: 02:12
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yet another reason to get v13 ... Jul 17, 2015

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Still no Word crashing, actually.

But today I got a new message, when *I needed to use Dragon* (see my previous post): Audio input device could not be found! or something like that. Everything was there and ready, though. Yet again 15 or 20 minutes lost with several attempts - anyway, by far too much! - until I finally got it to work. I had to go again through a volume check and so on.

For an otherwise really useful programme, this is very unnerving because, when I want to use it, that's because I am short of time, and instead ... I am supposed to lose still more time!

... it no longer needs initial training and you can swiftly switch between different audio sources!

Michael

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 03:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Years later (update) Oct 22, 2020

I recently got a new laptop and installed Dragon on it, and I'm having the same issue again. When Dragon is open and I try to open a Word document, it closes immediately. I'm waiting for my tech guy to get back to me, because I suspect it may be to do with the more recent version of Office. In a worst-case scenario, I might just reinstall an older version of Office...

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon crashing Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »