has anyone translated a carta de no penales de Mexico, if so, please read... thanks,
Thread poster: Arecibo
Jun 19, 2020

HI:
A friend of mine asked me to translate a carta de no penales de Mexico for her husband. I have never done one.
First of all, how long they usually are?
Second of all, how much should I charge them?
thanks,
Maria

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:55
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
My thoughts Jun 19, 2020

Arecibo wrote:
A friend of mine asked me to translate a carta de no penales de Mexico for her husband. I have never done one.
First of all, how long they usually are?
Second of all, how much should I charge them?
thanks,
Maria

These things are almost never translated other than for official purposes. Presumably you have any authorisation needed? Very often there's an official rate associated with the job. However, I believe neither the UK nor the US have any restrictions.

If the payment is up to you, you absolutely have to see it before quoting. I'm sure you have a rate per word and/or a rate per hour plus a minimum rate in mind.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker
Mexico
Local time: 09:55
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No antecedentes penales Jun 20, 2020

Firstly, they're called "cartas de no antecedentes penales" and there are local ones (del fuero local) and federal ones (del fuero federal). In either case, they're just one page. I've translated several.

I can only second what Sheila said: bear in mind that these types of translations often require certification (in Mexico that's done by a "perito traductor"). And if you do have the necessary qualifications, make sure you see the document before quoting.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Yaotl Altan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

has anyone translated a carta de no penales de Mexico, if so, please read... thanks,

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »