Germany
Local time: 20:58
English to German
+ ...
Jan 6, 2021

Dear all,
- Primary PC: SDL Trados Studio 2021 Freelance Plus
- Backup PC: SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance Plus
I am replacing my backup PC and wish to activate 2019 (not 2021!) on the new one.
However, I cannot deactivate Studio 2019 Freelance Plus on the old machine, instead I get an error message:

"Failed to deactivate.Lofing for this product key has been restricted."

I would like to try the option to deactivate offline, but my account show
... See more
Dear all,
I am replacing my backup PC and wish to activate 2019 (not 2021!) on the new one.
However, I cannot deactivate Studio 2019 Freelance Plus on the old machine, instead I get an error message:

I would like to try the option to deactivate offline, but my account shows only 2021 and my older licenses, not 2019. So I can't deactivate it.

Even if I try to deactivate my 2021 license, an error occurs.

Any ideas?

Thnx -Mike-
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Did you buy an upgrade? Jan 6, 2021

Hi,

You are not saying whether you bought Studio 21 as an upgrade to 19, or as a separate installation. Because if it is an upgrade, you certainly loose your 2019 version once you activate 2021. However, it can remain active on a PC until you uninstall it (or the PC fails). Then it is lost completely.

Jaime Oriard
Yaotl Altan
Angie Garbarino

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:58
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Contact SDL Jan 8, 2021

Marketing-Lang. wrote:

I had the same issue yesterday while setting up a new laptop. If you launch a chat using the link in your SDL account, someone will be able to assist you and probably reset the license in a couple of minutes.

As for the versions, you can perfectly run 2021 and 2019 together, although it depends on your particular product configuration (my 2021 entry in the license pane says "With:Allow Studio 2019 - Add-on"). The tricky part is that only Studio 2021 is listed in your account and can be activated or deactivated. I was told that after installation, 2019 would start in trial but "pick up" the 2021 license and never expire.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing problems, SDL 2019/2021

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »