Studio 2011 Failed to load convertercore or convertercorelight when opening a native PDF file
Thread poster: Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:23
Portuguese to English
Dec 20, 2018

Yes I know I am using an old version but I don't think that is applicable to this issue because I've never had this problem before. Can anyone tell me what convertercore/convertercorelight are and how they affect opening a PDF file. The file is a native 1.7 PDF. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:23
French to English
+ ...
convertercore.dll Dec 20, 2018

Google just told me that convertercore is a .dll file belonging to Solid Converter, which is the pdf conversion sw used by Trados.

I would restart Trados and repeat the conversion attempt. It may fix itself.

HTH,
Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Failed to load convertercore or convertercorelight when opening a native PDF file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »