Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:27
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2018

After the recent update, I have had serious performance issues with Trados (and Multiterm with it). Also problems with applying TM etc.

Moreover, cannot log into Community to ask for help. (I hope this is not a forced upgrade strategy used by Apple and others At least it coincides with sales contacting me...)

This is quite stressful, as I have a heavy workload.

Is there a way to revert to the
... See more
After the recent update, I have had serious performance issues with Trados (and Multiterm with it). Also problems with applying TM etc.

Moreover, cannot log into Community to ask for help. (I hope this is not a forced upgrade strategy used by Apple and others At least it coincides with sales contacting me...)

This is quite stressful, as I have a heavy workload.

Is there a way to revert to the perfectly-working earlier version?

[Edited at 2018-12-19 15:25 GMT]
Collapse

Omar Lobao

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Can you revert Windows? Dec 19, 2018

There should be a possibility to revert your whole system to a previous date.
Fortunately I have stopped Studio from searching updates. Why update when all is well?

Jussi Rosti
Finland
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't revert :-( Dec 20, 2018

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

There should be a possibility to revert your whole system to a previous date.
Fortunately I have stopped Studio from searching updates. Why update when all is well?

Good idea, Heinrich! However, I found out that system restore point saving was not on! In earlier Windows versions it was automatically on, so I didn't know I should turn it on manually...

Anders Dalström
Anders Dalström
Sweden
Local time: 14:27
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
MSWord Grammar Checker? Jan 10, 2019

Hi Jussi!

I only came across your post now. I've been having the same problem on and off for a good while. Tonight I finally realized that it was connected to the add-in/app "MSWord Grammar Checker" (https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/msword-grammar-checker/392/).

I reinstalled Windows a while ago and never thought to download the app agai
... See more
Hi Jussi!

I only came across your post now. I've been having the same problem on and off for a good while. Tonight I finally realized that it was connected to the add-in/app "MSWord Grammar Checker" (https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/msword-grammar-checker/392/).

I reinstalled Windows a while ago and never thought to download the app again and I had NO problems with Trados - it was lightning fast. I installed the Grammar Checker again this evening and suddenly the verification process took ages - I actually had to kill Trados in the task manager. As soon as I deactivated the grammar checker (in the add-ins tab -> plug-ins) the verification took less than two seconds...

Hope this might be of some help to you or to someone else who happens to come across this thread.
Collapse

Jussi Rosti
Finland
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
[SOLVED][At least partially] SDL Studio 2017 terribly slow after update Jan 10, 2019

The problem was at least partially related to MultiTerm, reinstalling it helped a lot. Also, I acquired the earlier build from SDL for the case, but haven't actually downgraded yet. It's possible I won't downgrade, as the most critical problems have been solved now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2017 terribly slow after update

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »