Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Update failed to install and Studio 2017 vanished!
Thread poster: lucyna duleba
Dalibor Skalník
Dalibor Skalník  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Czech
The same thing happened to me Dec 15, 2018

lucyna duleba wrote:

Hello,
can anybody help, please?

I was working in Studio 2017 while the notification about the update appeared.
I accepted the update.
The update failed to install and the error message:
Service 'SDL Customer Feedback Service' (Sdl.ProductTelemetrics.v1) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
was displayed.
I tried to repeat the process of updating. To no avail. The same message poped up every time.
I restarted the pc. It didn't help.
The update has also removed the SDL 2017 all together from my computer.
I looked for the solution on the SDL community but I haven't find any reference.
I would appriciate any tip how to fix it.

P.S. It cannot be 'run as Administartor' issue as I always run the programe in administrator mode

[Modificato alle 2018-12-12 19:39 GMT]

I tried to install the update twice, no success. So I restored my system to a point before the update and now I am using the previous version of Trados Studio. I got in touch with a SDL guy and he told me to keep using the previous version and to wait for a re-release of the update.

Mia Liou
Mia Liou  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 14:32
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
Eager to know how to got in touch with a SDL guy Dec 17, 2018

Hi Dalibor,

I tried everything and nothing help. Earlier today I refreshed my system to re-installed everything. Finally I could get my Studio 2017 opened.
However few more different error messages showed and prevented me from typing...
I lost 2 days already. I even literally cried for helpless. LOL
So much want to know what should I do to contact someone who can help.

Dalibor Skalník wrote:

lucyna duleba wrote:

Hello,

I accepted the update.
Service 'SDL Customer Feedback Service' (Sdl.ProductTelemetrics.v1) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
was displayed.
I tried to repeat the process of updating. To no avail. The same message poped up every time.
I looked for the solution on the SDL community but I haven't find any reference.

P.S. It cannot be 'run as Administartor' issue as I always run the programe in administrator mode

I tried to install the update twice, no success. So I restored my system to a point before the update and now I am using the previous version of Trados Studio. I got in touch with a SDL guy and he told me to keep using the previous version and to wait for a re-release of the update.

lucyna duleba
lucyna duleba  Identity Verified
Italian to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sdl Support Dec 17, 2018

[quote]Mia Liou wrote:

I tried everything and nothing help. Earlier today I refreshed my system to re-installed everything. Finally I could get my Studio 2017 opened.
However few more different error messages showed and prevented me from typing...

Hi Mia,
if you keep having problems, perhaps you could ask for assistance logging into your sdl account and clicking on 'get support'.

I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling (hug)

Dalibor Skalník
Dalibor Skalník  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Czech
Re-release of the update does not work for me either Dec 19, 2018

Mia Liou wrote:

Hi Dalibor,

Dalibor Skalník wrote:

lucyna duleba wrote:

Hello,

I accepted the update.
was displayed.

This is so annoying, today I decided to install the re-release version of the update and it failed again! This time the behaviour was different - it seemed that the update installed ok after my PC restart but when I tried to start my Trados Studio, nothing happened - the Trados splash screen appeared then it disappeared and that was it. Trados wouldn't start. So I decided again to restore my system to a point before the update and now I run the previous version. I don't have time for these troubles.

[Edited at 2018-12-19 11:13 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Update failed to install and Studio 2017 vanished!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »