Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:23
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Workaround: recreate TMs via tmx Dec 14, 2018

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:
In the first place, export your TMs in Trados 2019 to tmx format, and re-create them to be compatible with the 2017 version. Saving all your TMs a tmx is good practice in general and will be invaluable as backup if your TMs become corrupted, for whatever reason.
Re-creating one or two TMs should not be a big deal.

Thanks Sandra & Kenneth! It is working a bit better now after exporting my most important TMs to tmx and re-importing them into a new TM. This allows me to continue working at least.

Compatibility is a major requirement for a new version of Trados so I'm amazed they just launched SR1 without making absolutely sure that there wouldn't be compatibility issues between 2019 and 2017...

I will see how it goes and if needed, open a ticket with SDL. Thanks for that tip too.

Cristina Lo Bianco
Cristina Lo Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Very slow Dec 17, 2018

Hi,

I had noticed that Trados 2019 was somewhat slower when permorming lookups and crashed more frequently but now, after the SR1 update the situation got much worse!

I tried updating the NVIDIA drivers as suggested by Adam, but could notice no change. Is it possible that my graphics card is all together too old? It's a GeForce 210 and the driver version is the most recent available (version 342.01, released on 12/14/2016).

I tried translating the same job
... See more
Hi,

I had noticed that Trados 2019 was somewhat slower when permorming lookups and crashed more frequently but now, after the SR1 update the situation got much worse!

I tried updating the NVIDIA drivers as suggested by Adam, but could notice no change. Is it possible that my graphics card is all together too old? It's a GeForce 210 and the driver version is the most recent available (version 342.01, released on 12/14/2016).

I tried translating the same job in Trados 2017 and it's much faster... Now I'm wondering why I payd for the new version! Would you suggest to keep working on Trados 2017 or maybe it would be useful to try and restore Trados 2019 to before the SR1 update?

Thanks,
Cristina
Collapse

Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:23
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Virus scanner exclusion? Dec 17, 2018

Cristina Lo Bianco wrote:

Hi,

I tried translating the same job in Trados 2017 and it's much faster... Now I'm wondering why I payd for the new version! Would you suggest to keep working on Trados 2017 or maybe it would be useful to try and restore Trados 2019 to before the SR1 update?

Thanks,
Cristina

Hi Cristina

I have to say, I've used this version now very heavily, and it is working well and definitely an improvement. Have you added the process to your virus checker exclusions? The process name has (I think) changed.

Francesca

Friederike Hans

Cristina Lo Bianco
Cristina Lo Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Better? Dec 17, 2018

Francesca Collodo wrote:

Hi Cristina

I have to say, I've used this version now very heavily, and it is working well and definitely an improvement. Have you added the process to your virus checker exclusions? The process name has (I think) changed.

Francesca

Hi Francesca,

thank you for your advice. I tried it and it seems that Trados 2019 is working better now, but I'll have to use it a bit more to be sure.

Thanks again,
Cristina

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
Translation failed Dec 27, 2018

Updated to SP1, and, like a previous poster, I too have just seen a "Translation failed" error (when searching for TM hits).

I had been telling myself "don't update, just don't…" but then thought "well, it can't be that bad, they couldn't have screwed it up this time". OBVIOUSLY they did, like many times before. Every subsequent SP is a disaster in Trados and creates more problems than it fixes. I remember willing to purchase 2017 some year or two ago and inquired about the avail
... See more
Updated to SP1, and, like a previous poster, I too have just seen a "Translation failed" error (when searching for TM hits).

I had been telling myself "don't update, just don't…" but then thought "well, it can't be that bad, they couldn't have screwed it up this time". OBVIOUSLY they did, like many times before. Every subsequent SP is a disaster in Trados and creates more problems than it fixes. I remember willing to purchase 2017 some year or two ago and inquired about the availability of SP1 for the trial, but the folk at the store said "well, it's been out some time now but we suggest you avoid it".

Pathetic. That's what the yuppie corporate culture does with products. Total neglection of quality.

[Edited at 2018-12-27 14:29 GMT]
Collapse

Pascal Pauly
Hans Geluk

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 SR1

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »