Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:27
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Dec 2, 2018

I have received a project with multiple .idml files. (7 in all.) Checking the File types "Adobe InDesign CS4 CC-IDML" is listed, though as I understand it, there should be an CS5 version out there of IndDesign.

So when I try to import said .idml files, they are marked as reference files only.

Can someone suggest a solution for this, please.

Roy

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 3, 2018

The solution was to reinstall Windows. Apparently there was something wrong with my installation, as other programs also were affected.

Dawid Kita
Dawid Kita  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
File Types settings to solve in another way Jan 4, 2019

I am seeing these posts way after the issue was solved, but the other common cause is an un-ticked box at "Process unsupported file versions". Ticking it usually results in IDML files being loaded as "Translatable" rather than "Reference".

It can be found here:
Options > File Types > Adobe InDesign CS4-CC IDML > Common > Process unsupported file versions

Hope it might be helpful in case anyone else faces issues with it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing .idml files into Studio 2019

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »