Thread poster: Mari Hegstad Rowland
Mari Hegstad Rowland
Mari Hegstad Rowland
Norway
Local time: 16:52
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
May 21, 2018

Is there any way I can get detailed statistics (fuzzies, new words etc.) for my remaining untranslated words in Trados Studio 2017?
When generating reports I can only see statistics for the total word count.

Any help would be appreciated!

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 17:52
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
SDLXLIFF Toolkit May 21, 2018

You need the SDLXLIFF Toolkit app to slice the document and then run analysis against the slice. Too lengthy, too cumbersome, too counterproductive. At least for me.

[Edited at 2018-05-21 15:48 GMT]

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
WIP report May 21, 2018

You can run the batch task called WIP report, where WIP stands for Work in Progress. Then you can access the report via the Report section on the left. Just remember to open the right report - all reports are listed in the upper part of the pane.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Not a WIP report May 21, 2018

I don't think she needs a WIP report. She doesn't want to track her confirmation progress only, but assess what TM leverage she will get in the remainder of the project.

Mari Hegstad Rowland
Mari Hegstad Rowland
Norway
Local time: 16:52
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 21, 2018

Thanks for your replies!

Unfortunately the WIP report didn't give me any information about TM leverage, as mentioned.
You would think there would be an easier way to do it without the SDLXLIFF Toolkit App, but I guess that will do the job.

Thanks again!

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Run an Analysis batch task May 22, 2018

What I do all the time is run an Analysis batch task and see the results in the Analysis Statistics pane in the Files view. You can do this as many times as you'd like throughout your project.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Not what she needs May 22, 2018

She needs to analyze only the remaining (i.e. unconfirmed) segments, Nora, not analyze the same document again in light of the new, expanded TM content.

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Run analysis with locked segments May 22, 2018

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

...not analyze the same document again in light of the new, expanded TM content.

But why not? I guess I'm missing something here, as she talks about getting TM leverage info, which is what this provides. For example, looking at the appropriate columns, such as Repetitions, Fuzzy Matches and No Match would give us information about TM leverage for unconfirmed segments. All confirmed segments will now be under Context Match and 100% matches and can be ignored. As you work on the project and keep running the analysis task at various points in time, the numbers would change to reflect your progress, with all the unconfirmed segments falling into those categories.

2018-05-22_141510

Alternatively, one could lock all the confirmed segments and run an analysis that excludes locked segments.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Not what she needs May 22, 2018

She might want to know what context matches and 100% matches the remainder of the document has. So, your solution is not quite what she needs to achieve.

As for locking, the client might have locked some segments themselves. The translator doesn't want to lock all segments and then not be able to tell which ones she locked and which ones the client locked.

I know you love Trados Studio, but let's not compromise and adapt our needs to what it offers. Things should be the
... See more
She might want to know what context matches and 100% matches the remainder of the document has. So, your solution is not quite what she needs to achieve.

As for locking, the client might have locked some segments themselves. The translator doesn't want to lock all segments and then not be able to tell which ones she locked and which ones the client locked.

I know you love Trados Studio, but let's not compromise and adapt our needs to what it offers. Things should be the other way round: the software should adapt to and cater to the needs of professionals. That's what domain-driven design is all about, that's what all that hype surrounding agile and iterative development is about. Let's not settle for less just because Trados monopolizes our industry.

[Edited at 2018-05-22 21:11 GMT]
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just trying to help May 22, 2018

I'm certainly not trying to get into a debate here, but rather just trying to help the person who asked the question, based on the features currently available in the software, which is all we have at the moment, but if it's not what she needs, then it's not what she needs and I'm sure someone else will come along with a better answer.

And I do love Trados Studio! : )

Elizabeth Spacilova

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get Report of remaining untranslated

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »