Vincent Lemma
Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:06
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2016

Hi all,
When I import a project package into SDL 2014 from my client, SDL does what it is supposed to, and it creates a new folder to save all the related files.
HOWEVER, after importing the package, SDL closes. I thought that this meant that the process was finished (even if it never did this before), so I open SDL and go to the project list but see no imported package.
I have no clue of what's going on and how to fix it.

Any ideas, please?

Kindly,... See more
Hi all,
When I import a project package into SDL 2014 from my client, SDL does what it is supposed to, and it creates a new folder to save all the related files.
HOWEVER, after importing the package, SDL closes. I thought that this meant that the process was finished (even if it never did this before), so I open SDL and go to the project list but see no imported package.
I have no clue of what's going on and how to fix it.

Any ideas, please?

Kindly,

Vincent
Collapse

Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 16:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
Does it create the project file? Sep 14, 2016

If the import of the package goes well (as you say), you should end up with a .sdlproj file. What happens if you click that? Maybe Trados can just work from there.

Alternatively, (if you know something about computers and files), you could change the file extention of the package to .zip and unzip it that way. A sdlproj file is basically a zip file. See what files are in there and what you can do with it.

Of course the client should send you a non corrupt package. Maybe
... See more
If the import of the package goes well (as you say), you should end up with a .sdlproj file. What happens if you click that? Maybe Trados can just work from there.

Alternatively, (if you know something about computers and files), you could change the file extention of the package to .zip and unzip it that way. A sdlproj file is basically a zip file. See what files are in there and what you can do with it.

Of course the client should send you a non corrupt package. Maybe there is something wrong with it, although that is difficult to know if you don't get an error message.

If all works well, but the project is not saved in your project list, this could also just means that your settings file is not updated. This might be related to Windows (you might need administrator rights to that particular file).

[Edited at 2016-09-14 08:56 GMT]
Collapse

Greg Irving (X)
Greg Irving (X)  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Dutch to English
+ ...
I found that changing the filter on the project list shows the hidden projects from packages. Oct 23, 2020

Hi,

I have this problem often with Trados 2019. I discovered that project packages that do not show in the projects view, are actually there and they do appear if you change the first option in the projects view (left pane) to "In progress". Later they seem to show in the list shown when the "Show all projects" is selected.

I hope this tip is helpful for you too

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Imported project package does not show up in the project list of SDL 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »