Spain
Local time: 00:39
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM - PARTIAL MEMBERS Mar 10, 2007

Hello,

In any case I say to the site staff, as a suggestion, that they could consider partial members to enter in this program.

Perhaps there could be some limits for partial members, i.e. not commercial paid work from the mentor, but at least some training, or vice-versa, to have some work but not access to training....

I don't know, but I understand three main things:

1) as free registered members, It is logical to deny access to this program
... See more
Hello,

In any case I say to the site staff, as a suggestion, that they could consider partial members to enter in this program.

Perhaps there could be some limits for partial members, i.e. not commercial paid work from the mentor, but at least some training, or vice-versa, to have some work but not access to training....

I don't know, but I understand three main things:

1) as free registered members, It is logical to deny access to this program, just as they have limits or non-access to PRoz determined features.

2) Full members it's logical to have the full right to access this program.

3)PArtial members...as I suggest above.

Anyways, I would say that it should be considered the factor that persons who need mentoring is to have experience, so as to establish and get a network of clients. For many of us who start. Also ,that not all of us can invest in memberships in full because of a reduced budget (as it seems that happens with one of the persons that have posted a message above).
I myself have somehow a bit of this problem. I am just starting and that is why I could only budget for partial membership...and also work with demos of CAT tools, just until I get some work and get money enough to buy a license.
So please do consider some kind of way suggestions, not only on my behalf, but also on behalf of others that can't even afford a partial membership.

Thanks in advance.

Loli (diminutive of Dolores)
Proz PArtial Member nº 640782
Collapse

Patrick Dotterer
Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 20:39
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
We are discussing the requirements Mar 14, 2007

Dear Dolores,

Thanks for your interest in the experimental mentoring / apprenticeship program.

As Walter has stated (thanks Walter), we are experimenting with the program initially, and are presently discussing the membership requirement. We appreciate your comments and input regarding the program.

I will be posting some minor add-ons to the program by the end of the week.

Regards,
Patrick

Myriam S
Myriam S  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
Something many of us already informally do May 22, 2007

It seems like a good idea to give structure to an activity, such as mentoring, which many us already engage in.

Our profession is based on collaboration.
We already share so much on this site, amd this program seems like a natural next step in the development of this community.

Perhaps the most challenging aspect of this program for me would be to commit to provide commercial work to someone else. Given that it´s a limited amount of time, a 3 month commitment, i
... See more
It seems like a good idea to give structure to an activity, such as mentoring, which many us already engage in.

Our profession is based on collaboration.
We already share so much on this site, amd this program seems like a natural next step in the development of this community.

Perhaps the most challenging aspect of this program for me would be to commit to provide commercial work to someone else. Given that it´s a limited amount of time, a 3 month commitment, it seems like a good challange. Who knows what other possibilities this will bring.

Most or all of us needed and relied on guidance from other freelance contractors to get started, and continue to rely on one another for information and support.

I´d like to participate.
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 21:39
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed! Jun 14, 2007

Myriam S wrote:

Hi Myriam:
You are fully right - many of us are already learning from each other, or teaching newcomers as-you-go.
To systematize this will be of great value!
Regards,
Fabio

Claudia Lenz
Claudia Lenz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:39
English to Spanish
Is the program still working? Mar 2, 2011

Hi,

I recently joined Proz, and would like to know if the mentorin /apprenticeship porgram is still current. I´ve seen postings from 2007. But the announcement is still on the web page.

Tahnk you very much,

Claudia Lenz

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
The mentoring program is still running, feel free to apply Mar 2, 2011

Hi Claudia,

Welcome to ProZ.com, and thank you for supporting the site as a member!

The mentoring program is still going, yes. It has not gotten all of the attention it could have, but this is actually one of the areas for improvement for this year.

Some FAQs on how the program works: http://www.proz.com/faq/4376#4376

If you have any further questions
... See more
Hi Claudia,

Welcome to ProZ.com, and thank you for supporting the site as a member!

The mentoring program is still going, yes. It has not gotten all of the attention it could have, but this is actually one of the areas for improvement for this year.

Some FAQs on how the program works: http://www.proz.com/faq/4376#4376

If you have any further questions or need help with the program, please feel free to put in a support request and a member of staff can give you a hand. Thanks!

Jared
Collapse

Kristin Lynch
Kristin Lynch  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
Is it still possible to apply to the mentoring program? Feb 1, 2012

To whom it may concern,

I joined PROZ in November 2011, and would like to know if the mentoring and apprenticeship program is still running. Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
The ProZ.com mentoring program is still active Feb 29, 2012

KristinLynch wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I joined PROZ in November 2011, and would like to know if the mentoring and apprenticeship program is still running. Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Sure Kristin!

If you would like to enter the ProZ.com mentoring program as an apprentice, contact a mentor, http://www.proz.com/guidance-center/mentoring-program#site_mentors , and, if you agree to work together, register your pairing to site staff by submitting a support request, http://www.proz.com/support

Kind regards,

Lucia

Leni Sureda
Leni Sureda
Spain
Local time: 01:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mentoring/apprenticeship program Dec 22, 2019

Hello,
I have seen that the last info in this chat is from 2012. Is still running this program? Is necessary to be a Prroz member to join in this program?
I thank you in advance for your response.
Best regards,
Leni Sureda

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
@Leni: The mentoring program is still running! Dec 22, 2019

Leni Sureda wrote:

Hello,
I have seen that the last info in this chat is from 2012. Is still running this program? Is necessary to be a Prroz member to join in this program?
I thank you in advance for your response.
Best regards,
Leni Sureda

Hi, Leni,

The mentoring program is still running. It is necessary to be a member to participate, indeed. If you wish to join as a mentor, the first step is to apply to the Certified PRO Network - https://www.proz.com/cpn - and, once you are part of the CPN, we'll gladly add you to the mentors page so you can offer your guidance and share your experiences. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a mentor, you can go through the Mentors Page - https://www.proz.com/pages/mentors - and contact them directly, or you can post a request for mentoring in the ProZ.com Exchange: https://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange&sp_mode=overview

If you have any follow up questions or need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to reach out to the support team, we'll be happy to help: https://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask

Kind regards,

Andrea

Leni Sureda
Leni Sureda
Spain
Local time: 01:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mentoring/ apprenticeship program Dec 23, 2019

Hi Andrea,
I thank you very much for your response.
I am looking for a mentor, I am going to follow your advice.
Best regards,
Leni

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing an experimental mentoring / apprenticeship program

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »