Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Nov 21, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Merab,

When importing/opening in CafeTran the translation memories created in other tools, TMX files are the best way to do it. For terminology, you might try the Ms Excel path if your tool allows to export terms to Excel columns.

Igor

Merab Dekano wrote:

Great bonus! Thank you!

Does anybody know how and if it is possible to export a TM/TB from DVX3 to use it in CT? I presume I can export a .tmx file from DVX and import it to CT, but is that simple? Should I consider exporting in another format?

Any help would be appreciated. When I find some spare time, I would like to give CT a try. However, I wouldn't be able to do it without my TM/TB I have built in DVX.

Thank you!

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:16
French to Spanish
+ ...
Done Nov 21, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Susana,

Please uncheck the MyMemory box in the "Other services and resources" panel of the Dashboard (initial) screen to disconnect MyMemory MT service.

Hi, Igor, I do it every time, but when I log in again it's still checked. Do I have to uncheck it every time?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Restart Nov 21, 2016

Hi again,

After start project and then restart the program, the checked/unchecked option should stick unless you installed CafeTran in a 'read only" location where the program cannot store its settings. You can also stop the automatic matching for MyMemory by right-clicking at its pane and choosing the option "Stop automatic MT service". This way, you can still use the MT service only for selected segments/fragments - those parts which are not under NDA. This option should also stic
... See more
Hi again,

After start project and then restart the program, the checked/unchecked option should stick unless you installed CafeTran in a 'read only" location where the program cannot store its settings. You can also stop the automatic matching for MyMemory by right-clicking at its pane and choosing the option "Stop automatic MT service". This way, you can still use the MT service only for selected segments/fragments - those parts which are not under NDA. This option should also stick across CafeTran's running sessions.

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Susana,

Please uncheck the MyMemory box in the "Other services and resources" panel of the Dashboard (initial) screen to disconnect MyMemory MT service.

Hi, Igor, I do it every time, but when I log in again it's still checked. Do I have to uncheck it every time?
Collapse

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
OK Nov 22, 2016

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi again,

After start project and then restart the program, the checked/unchecked option should stick unless you installed CafeTran in a 'read only" location where the program cannot store its settings. You can also stop the automatic matching for MyMemory by right-clicking at its pane and choosing the option "Stop automatic MT service". This way, you can still use the MT service only for selected segments/fragments - those parts which are not under NDA. This option should also stick across CafeTran's running sessions.

Thanks!

Marissa Aguayo Gavilano
Marissa Aguayo Gavilano  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
Using Trados Translation Memories Nov 29, 2016

Hi,

I've been using Trados until now and decided to try out CafeTrans. I have uploaded my translation memory (I think) and I've did a few short translations using the software, but wasn't sure it was retrieving my translation memory, so I did a small translation in Trados with my main TM and then tried translating the same document in CafeTrans using the TM and hoped for the software to retrieve my saved segments but it didn't. It did show some translations as suggestions but for un
... See more
Hi,

I've been using Trados until now and decided to try out CafeTrans. I have uploaded my translation memory (I think) and I've did a few short translations using the software, but wasn't sure it was retrieving my translation memory, so I did a small translation in Trados with my main TM and then tried translating the same document in CafeTrans using the TM and hoped for the software to retrieve my saved segments but it didn't. It did show some translations as suggestions but for unrelated segments, so I basically had to retranslate it. What can I do? I can't really continue if I won't be able to use the TM's I've got.

Thanks,

Marissa
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Go via TMX Nov 29, 2016

Open your TM in the TM module of Trados and export the content of the TM as a TMX file:

2016-11-29

Open this TMX file in CafeTran via the Memory menu:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000108226-open-tmx-translation-memory

[Edited at 2016-11-29 07:30 GMT]

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 15:16
English to Indonesian
+ ...
If the memory is an SDLTM file... Nov 30, 2016

xahntra wrote:
What can I do?

... simply use CafeTran to import it.

You can import it either in an existing Cafetran memory, or as a new memory. In the latter case, you'd probably want to save it as a TMX file for later use in CafeTran. If you do that immediately after import, you'll keep your original SDLTM file, and you can manipulate the all-important settings for the use of this memory.

Cheers,

Hans

Marissa Aguayo Gavilano
Marissa Aguayo Gavilano  Identity Verified
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
thanks Dec 1, 2016

thank you for your answers. I was importing the TM in the home page. I didn't have a Memory tab in the menu, but I have added it now. It was just too slow to retrieve the translations, and also, since the segments weren't divided the same in Trados, it was a bit useless.

Laurence Rapaille
Laurence Rapaille  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
License through Proz Premium on old computer but now new computer Apr 9, 2017

Hi Igor and team,

So, I got CafeTran license on my old Mac through mi Proz Premium account in November or December. As the Mac was getting too old and therefore too slow, I had to buy a new (Windows) laptop in February.
Do I now need to buy a new full license (and losing, therefore, the one I got in November) or could I transfer the license from one computer to the other? I use now the old Mac for basic tasks and don't use it anymore for translating.

Thank you in
... See more
Hi Igor and team,

So, I got CafeTran license on my old Mac through mi Proz Premium account in November or December. As the Mac was getting too old and therefore too slow, I had to buy a new (Windows) laptop in February.
Do I now need to buy a new full license (and losing, therefore, the one I got in November) or could I transfer the license from one computer to the other? I use now the old Mac for basic tasks and don't use it anymore for translating.

Thank you in advance for your swift answer,

Laurence
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Use on a new computer Apr 9, 2017

Laurence Rapaille wrote:

Hello Laurence,

I've answered your question in the CafeTran forum:

http://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support/313760-how_to_transfer_your_license_to_another_computer.html

[Edited at 2017-04-10 07:12 GMT]

Muses Inc
Muses Inc  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Connecting to TM-Town does not quite work Jun 3, 2017

I have been trying to connect my TM-Town account to CafeTran (latest version on Mac OSX Sierra) but I get a pop-up window that is illegible...

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.34.21
post a picture

What can I do now?

Thanks in advance,

Muse

EDIT: I just tried to type my login and password, even though I could not see what I was typing, but I managed to enter. That part of the problem is solved then. But a screen in which you see what you type is still useful.

[Edited at 2017-06-03 10:53 GMT]

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
TM-Town Jun 3, 2017

Hello Ingrid,

Perhaps you should contact Kevin Dias? He's here on Proz too ...

http://www.proz.com/profile/1979687

Cheers,

Hans

Muses Inc
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thank you - problem partially solved... Jun 3, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

Hello Ingrid,

Perhaps you should contact Kevin Dias? He's here on Proz too ...

http://www.proz.com/profile/1979687

Cheers,

Hans

Thank you, Hans. I sent a message.

For now it is working, but an login screen that can be read would still be useful.

Kind regards,

Ingrid

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Fixed in the next Java update Jun 3, 2017

This is related to Java on Mac issue which appeared with an Java 8 update earlier this year - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8088205 It is said to have been fixed in the next Java 8 update 152 and in the coming Java 9 (both are still unreleased officially). Java 9 is to be released in July.

Igor

[Edited at 2017-06-03 11:18 GMT]

Muses Inc
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
working offline issue Jun 15, 2017

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

This is related to Java on Mac issue which appeared with an Java 8 update earlier this year - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8088205 It is said to have been fixed in the next Java 8 update 152 and in the coming Java 9 (both are still unreleased officially). Java 9 is to be released in July.

Igor

[Edited at 2017-06-03 11:18 GMT]

I hope it will look normal after the Java update next month, thank you for letting me know.

Now I have another problem, it was hot, I decided to sit in the park under a tree and type away a bit on a translation. No wifi in the park...

I use the licence that was granted under the full Proz.com/ TM-Town membership, but as soon as I am without a wifi/internet connection, CafeTran starts nagging me that I have reached my trial limit and that I should buy a license or live with the limitations.

But, even weirder, I am back home now, I am logged into my TM Town-account and I still get the same message. After restarting the program and even restarting the Macbook, I still get the pop-up message to get a license...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: Basket item #1 -- CafeTran Espresso

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »