Thread poster: Jason Grimes
CMJK
CMJK
Ireland
Local time: 08:40
Member (2008)
German to English
Support: Export reports into Excel (or PDF) Jan 13, 2015

It would be very useful to be able to save income reports in a convenient format for tax/accounting purposes.

Manako Ihaya
Manako Ihaya  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:40
Member (2002)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Can't save edits? Jan 17, 2015

I know I shouldn't be working on the weekend (especially my birthday weekend, lol) but I 've been trying to edit and save an invoice and it always says I have no access to it when I click "save." Is this just a glitch over the weekend to prevent me from working? Hmmm.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:40
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please submit a support request Jan 23, 2015

Manako Ihaya wrote:

I know I shouldn't be working on the weekend (especially my birthday weekend, lol) but I 've been trying to edit and save an invoice and it always says I have no access to it when I click "save." Is this just a glitch over the weekend to prevent me from working? Hmmm.

Dear Manako,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Could you please submit a support request including a link to the invoice in which you find this problem, and stating if you still cannot save changes? That information will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Peter Sass
Peter Sass
Germany
Local time: 09:40
English to German
+ ...
Invoice tool bug + suggestion Feb 4, 2015

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I like and use the invoice tool quite a lot, but just I found a new bug.

I'm receiving a wrong payment period when trying to generate a Net60 or specified date invoice. Whatever the payment date or period setting, the invoice is always generated with 30 days payment period (even when the specified date is different and correct!).

Could you please fix this asap, as this seems to be a new bug and it might jeopardize the legal values of invoices when there are two conflicting payment terms on them?

Also, I'd really like to see a simple feature introduced - being able to insert an image file as signature. So far, for want of a better solution I've simply used the 'company logo' feature for this, but this is obviously not a good solution as it prevents me from using the logo for its actual purpose.

Thanks for helping out on these issues and best regards

Peter

Peter

David Gómez
David Gómez  Identity Verified
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Rounding bug Mar 6, 2015

The rounding bug previously reported in this thread has not been fixed.

Example of the problem:

Invoice with this data
Amount: 26,40
+21% tax: 5,54
-19% tax: 5,02 (this one is correctly rounded from 5,016)

Total: 26,93 (WRONG, it should be 26,92)

And i cannot edit the total...

Please fix this, thanks.

Nicolas Racine
Nicolas Racine  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:40
English to French
Disappointed in this tool Apr 20, 2015

I used this tool for three years. I thought this would be a good solution for me, being an translator, and ProZ being a translator-centric Website.

However, I feel this tool is really neglected. Bugs are not being resolved. I found many bugs (reported to the support group), and the tool feels half-baked.

After tree years of using this tool, I am now looking for a new one, from a specialized company, that takes invoicing more seriously.

You guys had a great
... See more
I used this tool for three years. I thought this would be a good solution for me, being an translator, and ProZ being a translator-centric Website.

However, I feel this tool is really neglected. Bugs are not being resolved. I found many bugs (reported to the support group), and the tool feels half-baked.

After tree years of using this tool, I am now looking for a new one, from a specialized company, that takes invoicing more seriously.

You guys had a great idea, providing an invoicing tool custom made for translators, but I feel it has been abandoned along the way and you did not told us. Just the way this forum barely get any answer from staff is a good indication.

I truly hope someone will get back to it, and fix it. As for myself, I cannot wait any longer. Invoicing and money is a serious matter, and I don't have any more time to waste.
Collapse

prasanck1
prasanck1
India
Local time: 14:10
Member (2014)
Korean to English
+ ...
Invoice date for filtering invoices not working properly Jun 25, 2015

Invoice date for filtering invoices not working properly.Please check.

Best regards,
Prasan

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Unable to replicate the error you're experiencing Jun 25, 2015

Prasan Kulkarni wrote:

Invoice date for filtering invoices not working properly.Please check.

Best regards,
Prasan

Hello Prasan,

I've checked the invoice date filter setting and did not encounter any errors. Could you please elaborate on the problem you're experiencing, or submit a support request specifying the exact criteria of your search? That will help me look into this to make sure everything is working as it should.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Maria

Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Can the note Jul 30, 2015

on the bottom of the email about proz willing to work again be removed?

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Why the invoice shows closed when the due date is in teh future? Oct 13, 2015

Hi I just started to enter invoices and I know they are new - so I tried to enter the dates differently - invoices date, then choosing the payment terms and either manually choosing the date or not.

Randomly the invoices show closed even for the ones the payment day is in the future.Please advice

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Invoice is closed once payment is recorded as having been received Oct 13, 2015

Kathleen Misson wrote:

on the bottom of the email about proz willing to work again be removed?

Hello Kathleen,

My apologies for the delay here. I will add this as a suggestion to improve the invoicing tool.

finnlingo wrote:

Hi I just started to enter invoices and I know they are new - so I tried to enter the dates differently - invoices date, then choosing the payment terms and either manually choosing the date or not.

Randomly the invoices show closed even for the ones the payment day is in the future.Please advice

Hi finnlingo,

If payment is recorded as having been received - even if it's received before the specified payment deadline - then the invoice is considered closed.

If you believe a particular invoice was closed in error, please submit a support request specifying the exact invoice you're referring to so staff can look into any issues with that.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Maria

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Suggestions are not followed up Nov 3, 2015

Dear site staff,

You keep saying you will forward suggestions for improving the invoicing tool to the developers. I made several suggestions an embarrassingly (for you) long time ago (more than a year). Nothing has been done with them. What a waste of an otherwise excellent tool.

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Support the invoicing tool! Nov 4, 2015

If you agree with me that the invoicing tool should not be abandoned and you want to see improvements implemented soon, please reply to this thread and include your suggestions (if any). There must be some way to get ProZ to listen!

My suggestions were:

- Allow other attachments to be included with an invoice.
- Include an option to request confirmation of receipt of the invoice.
- Include a request for confirmation before deleting a line in an invoice.

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Improvements Nov 6, 2015

Hi,
I started using the tool a few months ago and have some suggestions.

1) When recording payments, it would be essential to be able to search for the invoices by the amount - euro banks send payments which show on the bank statement just as "SEPA PAYMENT" so it would be useful to search for invoices by the amount as the client name is not known at that point.

2) I am not sure the "Send" function works. I have tried to create invoice and send it to myself to diff
... See more
Hi,
I started using the tool a few months ago and have some suggestions.

1) When recording payments, it would be essential to be able to search for the invoices by the amount - euro banks send payments which show on the bank statement just as "SEPA PAYMENT" so it would be useful to search for invoices by the amount as the client name is not known at that point.

2) I am not sure the "Send" function works. I have tried to create invoice and send it to myself to different addresses, no luck. I also never receive the copy of the invoice or "Thank you" message for the payee and tick the box "Send the copy to myself". So I am not sure the clients receive the invoices. The most common excuse for the agencies who try to avoid the payment "We never received the invoice". That´s why I have opted to print the Proz.com invoice into pdf and send via email, that way I can prove later I have sent it. Could you tell me what I am missing here?

3) I would like to be able to return to the same function I am working on - for example when I am working on one client´s invoices and find them with the search function, I work on one invoice and then want to go back to the other ones, I have to do the new search - unnecessary step.

4) Is it possible that there would be notification if the client has already been entered, the same way if I am trying to enter the same invoice number twice? This does not happen yet and I have accidentally entered a client twice but then the invoice is only attached to one of them.
Collapse

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
can not mark one if only one box Nov 6, 2015

Whatever function to do and choose invoices and payments for that is not possible if there is only one invoice - so I get the payment from the client, I search for the invoice, I have one invoice as a result. I want to tick the box and mark it paid - does not work, can not touch the box. I need to open the invoice to be able to mark it paid.

Same goes with anything else, deletion of the invoice etc. Multiple items are ok, one item does not work.

Please fix the bug.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »