Thread poster: Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 20, 2013

Is there a way to get rid of the notifications at the top of my Proz home page? Lately, I keep getting the suggestion that I should ask my customers for feedback. I have very good reasons to not ask for feedback and quite frankly, the friendly suggestion begins to feel like being stalked into submission.

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:16
Swedish to English
+ ...
+1 Jun 20, 2013

+1

Pierantonio Paulon
Pierantonio Paulon  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
+1 Jun 20, 2013

agree

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
+1 Jun 20, 2013

I also had an email too. Please stop.

Theo Bernards (X)
France
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Emails are easy... Jun 20, 2013

Ty Kendall wrote:

I also had an email too. Please stop.

... those you can delete. but every time I visit my profile (to delete the search engine bots from my visitors list) or when I respond to a project in the job section, I get this incessant "Do you want to ask your customers for feedback" popup. My wife thinks that my laptop as about to learn swimming (I recently gave up smoking and it is peculiar to see what triggers my foul temper nowadays), but in reality it is the feature designer at Proz that should perhaps rethink some of the installed feature ☺ ...

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
Yes, Jun 20, 2013

I have been going crazy over it, too.

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
+1 Jun 20, 2013

It's becoming increasingly annoying.

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Change your browser? Jun 21, 2013

I've never seen these messages, but then I use Opera so I can easily turn off annoying adverts/pop ups. Just a thought!

Theo Bernards (X)
France
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nice suggestion, but... Jun 21, 2013

JaneD wrote:

I've never seen these messages, but then I use Opera so I can easily turn off annoying adverts/pop ups. Just a thought!

...I have paid good money for Proz membership. I would not expect that being a paid member of anything would provoke me to makes changes in my hardware or software. Imagine that your cable TV provider starts sending messages through your TV screen that a film you most likely would appreciate is beginning on channel 7 in three minutes, I think that you would be on the horn with the cable provider the very next day to insist they stop doing that or, at the very least, offer a way to turn that off. Thus far, I have not found a way to switch it off (although the pop-up messages seem to have stopped).

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I don't see them... Jun 21, 2013

I use Chrome + AdBlock...

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Me too! Jun 21, 2013

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

I don't see them...

I use Chrome + AdBlock...

I don't see anything either.

Helen Shiner
Helen Shiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Feedback from clients Jun 21, 2013

Those of you who have solicited feedback from your clients won't see this enormous banner, because it is aimed at those of us who have not. It is not an advertisement as such; just an exhortation to complete our proz.com profiles. I find it annoying, too, particularly on my laptop. As annoying as being asked to renew the membership months in advance of its renewal date.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:16
SITE FOUNDER
It's gone! Jun 24, 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I had the same feeling regarding the wording of the message, and I asked for the tip/prompt to be changed as soon as I noticed it. (The part that I found offensive was where it said "you need feedback...". I also did not like that the only option I was given, other than the one to request feedback, was "remind me later".)

I do not think the prompt itself is inappropriate. As some of you may know, we have been improving WWA, and
... See more
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I had the same feeling regarding the wording of the message, and I asked for the tip/prompt to be changed as soon as I noticed it. (The part that I found offensive was where it said "you need feedback...". I also did not like that the only option I was given, other than the one to request feedback, was "remind me later".)

I do not think the prompt itself is inappropriate. As some of you may know, we have been improving WWA, and it is appropriate for members to be made aware in unobtrusive ways that this feature is available to them.

Sorry it took a few days for it to be changed to be changed. Please keep giving us feedback of this sort.
Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Remind me later Jun 24, 2013

That's why I never see it any more. I hate pressing agencies/outsourcers for feedback. I f they want to do it, well and good, but I think asking them for feedback is a bit like force, so do not like it, as t seems almost threatening. I prefer leaving them free. so long as i get work, I do not mind

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Irritantly and constantly suggesting to get customer feedback

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »