How to make the Certified PRO badge visible in the "About me" section of profiles
Thread poster: Zeki Güler
Zeki Güler
Zeki Güler  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:44
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 19, 2013

Hi guys

I see a red square box "Certified Pro Member" in about me sections of profiles of some colleagues.

I also see colorful figures and animations in some profiles. But when i try to do the same in MS Word and copy-paste it into my profile, it doesnt work and all colorful things in Word doc becames a black and white lull text in my profile.

How can i do the same in my profile, to make it more attractive and eye catching.

I would also welcom
... See more
Hi guys

I see a red square box "Certified Pro Member" in about me sections of profiles of some colleagues.

I also see colorful figures and animations in some profiles. But when i try to do the same in MS Word and copy-paste it into my profile, it doesnt work and all colorful things in Word doc becames a black and white lull text in my profile.

How can i do the same in my profile, to make it more attractive and eye catching.

I would also welcome any other suggestions to make my profile strong.

Thanks in advance

Zeki
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:44
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try the solution I used Apr 19, 2013

Try the solution I used in my profile. Copy and paste this line:

or this one:

in your About me section.

Cheers,
Gerard

PS This isn't working, I'll send you the code via your profile.

[Edited at 2013-04-19 10:47 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Showing Certified PRO badge in "About me" section Apr 19, 2013

Dear Zeki,

To display the Certified PRO badge in your profile, just follow the instructions posted to the Certified PRO Network private forum:

http://www.proz.com/topic/209620

Let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Edit the HTML Apr 19, 2013

Zeki Guler wrote:

I'm afraid you have to edit the HTML.

[Edited at 2013-04-19 15:30 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Gianfranco Manca's tutorial on "How to create a ProZ.com profile using HTML" Apr 19, 2013

Zeki Guler wrote:

For tips on how to add color, images and format to your "About me" section, check Gianfranco Manca's tutorial on "How to create a ProZ.com profile using HTML":

http://www.proz.com/?sp=html_tutorial

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Lucia

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Certified PRO Badge disappears without membership payment Apr 19, 2013

Lucia,

I tried to reach you via direct email 5 days ago but received no reply.

After I decided not to renew my membership for this year, my Certified PRO Badge disappeared from my profile. I did a few projects (e.g., review of other translations) for Proz free of charge, to confirm this certification, and would like to have it back to my profile.

I understand Certified PRO status has nothing to do with membership payment, or does it?

Thanks in
... See more
Lucia,

I tried to reach you via direct email 5 days ago but received no reply.

After I decided not to renew my membership for this year, my Certified PRO Badge disappeared from my profile. I did a few projects (e.g., review of other translations) for Proz free of charge, to confirm this certification, and would like to have it back to my profile.

I understand Certified PRO status has nothing to do with membership payment, or does it?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Drifting from posted topic, but just this time Apr 19, 2013

Hello sokolniki,

I am afraid I did not receive your email, sorry.

Now I will drift from the posted topic a bit to address your question, but after that, in line with forum rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/4#4 , I kindly ask you and other participants to stick to the posted topic and either open a new thread or submit a support request for further questions.
... See more
Hello sokolniki,

I am afraid I did not receive your email, sorry.

Now I will drift from the posted topic a bit to address your question, but after that, in line with forum rule http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/4#4 , I kindly ask you and other participants to stick to the posted topic and either open a new thread or submit a support request for further questions.

As explained at http://www.proz.com/faq/5108#5108 , the Certified PRO Network is a service available to members only. Hence, when a Certified PRO's membership expires, the Certified PRO status is set to "inactive" (and Certified PRO Network benefits are lost). If, eventually, the user joins the site again (i.e. renews the membership), the Certified PRO status is set back to "active".

Hope this explains.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
So... technically speaking he is still a member of the network, right? Apr 19, 2013

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
The Certified PRO Network is a service available to members only. Hence, when a Certified PRO's membership expires, the Certified PRO status is set to "inactive" (and Certified PRO Network benefits are lost). If, eventually, the user joins the site again (i.e. renews the membership), the Certified PRO status is set back to "active".

So... technically speaking he is still a member of the network, right?

Can he say on his profile page "I am a member of the Certified PRO Network"? Or if not, can he say on his profile page "I am an inactive member of the Certified PRO Network"? Or, can he say "I am a member of the Certified PRO Network, but I'm no longer a paying member of ProZ.com"? Or must he say "I was a member of the Certified PRO Network"?

I notice (in the Benefits section of the PRO Network FAQ) that only members of the network have the right to use the seal (and presumably that graphic too), though I suppose that inactive members would temporarily lose the right to use it, right? I mean, you can't put the graphic on your profile page manually if you're an inactive member of the network, is that right?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Members of the Certified PRO Network must have an active site membership to remain Certified PRO Apr 19, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
The Certified PRO Network is a service available to members only. Hence, when a Certified PRO's membership expires, the Certified PRO status is set to "inactive" (and Certified PRO Network benefits are lost). If, eventually, the user joins the site again (i.e. renews the membership), the Certified PRO status is set back to "active".

So... technically speaking he is still a member of the network, right?

No, Samuel. For site members to remain members of the Certified PRO Network (and have full access to the benefits offered by the Certified PRO Program) their site membership must be active.

Lucia

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make the Certified PRO badge visible in the "About me" section of profiles

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »