How do I add conferences to the "Conferences Attended" section in profile?
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:12
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

I would like to find out how to add my conference participation on my profile. There is a special section for "conferences attended" but how is it possible to add conferences to this list? Or should I just list conferences in my general "About Me" section?

Also, how do we add training that we have completed? Not a degree, but professional development course and CAT tool training etc.?

Thanks,
Sarah

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com conferences and training sessions only Oct 3, 2012

Hello Sarah,

Note that the "Conference participation" section as well as the "Training sessions attended" section in ProZ.com profiles are saved for ProZ.com conferences and training sessions only. However, other events and training sessions can be listed in the "About me" section or el
... See more
Hello Sarah,

Note that the "Conference participation" section as well as the "Training sessions attended" section in ProZ.com profiles are saved for ProZ.com conferences and training sessions only. However, other events and training sessions can be listed in the "About me" section or else in a custom tab (i.e. an extra profile tab), http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles/profile_tabs.html#custom_tabs

If you need help with this, or with anything else, just submit a support request and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:12
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What about the opposite problem? Oct 3, 2012

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sarah, but it appears to me that the ProZ.com conference and training session entries have been getting a little out of hand lately. I'm pleased to have somewhere to show that I attended an in-person Wordfast course and three conferences around France, but there's a world of difference between those attendances and spending a few minutes logged in to a virtual conference. I've had six lines added to my profile this year without leaving my desk.

Could we
... See more
Sorry to hijack your thread, Sarah, but it appears to me that the ProZ.com conference and training session entries have been getting a little out of hand lately. I'm pleased to have somewhere to show that I attended an in-person Wordfast course and three conferences around France, but there's a world of difference between those attendances and spending a few minutes logged in to a virtual conference. I've had six lines added to my profile this year without leaving my desk.

Could we have some way of selecting those we see as important enough to display? I don't really want to have to hide them all.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Option to hide/show conferences or training sessions attended currently unavailable Oct 3, 2012

Hello Sheila,

I am afraid there is currently no option to hide/show conferences or training sessions attended individually. However, it sounds like a good idea. Let me just add it to the list of profile improvements. I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

In the meantime, remember you can simply hide/show each section by just clicking on the small arrows icon next to them.

Lucia

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:12
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Great idea, Sheila! Oct 3, 2012

I +1 it

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:12
English to Italian
+ ...
good idea Sheila :-) Oct 3, 2012

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Could we have some way of selecting those we see as important enough to display? I don't really want to have to hide them all.

that would be great!

D

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
any news? Oct 5, 2013

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

I am afraid there is currently no option to hide/show conferences or training sessions attended individually. However, it sounds like a good idea. Let me just add it to the list of profile improvements. I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Ciao Lucia

Is there any news on Sheila's suggestion?

Taking part, even briefly, in the most recent series of virtual events has added quite few extra lines to the "conference attendance" section on the profile page: this means that the "about me" section gets pushed down to the bottom of the page and can only be viewed by scrolling down the screen.

There are some conferences I want it to be seen that I have attended and other events I consider as less relevant in my profile.

Would it be possible to implement an individual selection of events attended in the near future?

Thanks!

Daniela

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Seconded Oct 5, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I would like to be able to choose

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I add conferences to the "Conferences Attended" section in profile?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »