How to add pictures in the "About me" section?
Thread poster: Margherita Romagnoli
Margherita Romagnoli
Margherita Romagnoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:39
French to Italian
+ ...
Nov 8, 2011

Hi,

I would like to add some pictures in the "About me" section of my profile, but I don't know hot to do it. I read Gianfranco Manca's tutorial, but I can't find the "Edit your site" link.

"Upload pictures and documents onto your home page area. You can access it from the link "Edit your site" (available on the left bottom corner of your ProZ profile page). Familiarize yourself with the functions available there (i.e., create folders, upload files, etc...)"

... See more
Hi,

I would like to add some pictures in the "About me" section of my profile, but I don't know hot to do it. I read Gianfranco Manca's tutorial, but I can't find the "Edit your site" link.

"Upload pictures and documents onto your home page area. You can access it from the link "Edit your site" (available on the left bottom corner of your ProZ profile page). Familiarize yourself with the functions available there (i.e., create folders, upload files, etc...)"

May you please help me?

Thank you,

Margherita
Collapse

fisz_co_uk (X)
fisz_co_uk (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:39
English to Polish
+ ...
Click your login by logout link Nov 8, 2011

Go over login by logout link and then options should appear, there should be link "Edit profile" and start from there.

Polish translator

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:39
English
+ ...
You need somewhere to place your picture Nov 8, 2011

On the tutorial you referred to, there is a note at the top that says the “Edit your site” function is no longer available. That’s why you can’t find the link.

So basically you need to put your picture somewhere, and then use the “img” (image) tag to link to your picture. If you have your own website this should be easy to do.

Otherwise you might be able to use a photo sharing site or a blog, depending on whether they allow you to do so.

Note: T
... See more
On the tutorial you referred to, there is a note at the top that says the “Edit your site” function is no longer available. That’s why you can’t find the link.

So basically you need to put your picture somewhere, and then use the “img” (image) tag to link to your picture. If you have your own website this should be easy to do.

Otherwise you might be able to use a photo sharing site or a blog, depending on whether they allow you to do so.

Note: The tutorial doesn’t mention it but always use the “alt” attribute in your img tags, even if you say “alt=""” which means “show no text when the image is unavailable”. This is for visitors who are visually impaired or for any other reason cannot see/do not want to see the pictures; as a bonus, it will also make Google happier (i.e., this does the so-called SEO thing as a bonus).

(Added at 12:47pm)

Hi Margherita,

I just looked at your profile and saw that you are using WordPress. Since I have WordPress too I did a little testing.

So basically you should upload your picture to your WordPress, and then link it in your About Me section. You don’t need to put your picture anywhere in your blog; just add it to the Media Library from your Dashboard.

[Edited at 2011-11-08 17:56 GMT]
Collapse

Margherita Romagnoli
Margherita Romagnoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:39
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 9, 2011

Thank you fisz and a big thank you to Ambrose for your time! Yesterday I was also looking for a note saying that maybe the "Edit your site" function was no longer available, but I didn't find it... Thank you! =)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add pictures in the "About me" section?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »