Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 9, 2020

Is it only me, or do you also noticed those annoying (sometimes blinking) advertisements in between threads?

I am really hoping we are dealing here with a bug in Proz.com.

People, please stop this brainwashing nonsense, this is NOT in the best interest of your (paying) members.

[Edited at 2020-07-09 15:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-07-09 15:46 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-07-09 15:48 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Michele Fauble
Zibow Retailleau
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Lisa McCarthy
expressisverbis

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:38
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Recent change? Jul 9, 2020

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
Is it only me, or do you also noticed those annoying (sometimes blinking) advertisements in between threads?

I thought at first I'd been logged out but no, when I'm on my phone I keep getting these ads (not sure about when using the desktop). I don't like them either. I thought paying a membership fee avoided getting adverts everywhere.

Robert Rietvelt
Hans Lenting
Aline Amorim
Michele Fauble
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Lisa McCarthy
expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:38
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You are not the only one Jul 9, 2020

During this week, I have noticed the same boring ads blinking all the time, even when I change any pages of the forum.
I hope Proz team can do something about it to stop this irritating thing.

Robert Rietvelt
Aline Amorim
Michele Fauble
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Lisa McCarthy

Lisa McCarthy
Lisa McCarthy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Google ads on Proz Nov 5, 2020

I've recently noticed that when I use the Term Search feature I now see ads (not even related to translation!) at the bottom of the page, which is extremely annoying and distracting. So now we have ads at the top, ads on the left, and ads at the bottom. This is not what I pay a yearly membership fee for, to be bombarded with advertising. Can Proz please get rid of Google ads?

[Editado a las 2020-11-05 20:50 GMT]

Jorge Payan

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 07:38
Member (2011)
English to German
@Robert Apr 20, 2021

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

I just tried the new version of ProZ.com but returned to the old version after a few clicks. Now I am seeing flashing ads everywhere. Who needs a new bathing suit? I certainly don't...

P.L.F. Persio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New form of advertising?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »