Powwow: Toronto - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Toronto - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Hélène Curtis
Hélène Curtis  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:41
Member (2009)
English to French
Reschedule Apr 21, 2020

Hello Everyone,

I need to reschedule the PowWow for this Friday at 7pm instead of Thursday due to my workload. I hope this is ok with everyone. Also if anyone would like to Co-organize the event, let me know. I simply thought it would be nice to meet translators living in the area and mentally get out of this isolation bubble we are all forced to live in. And if you have any suggestions on how we could make this PowWow more interesting, please share your thoughts.

Looking f
... See more
Hello Everyone,

I need to reschedule the PowWow for this Friday at 7pm instead of Thursday due to my workload. I hope this is ok with everyone. Also if anyone would like to Co-organize the event, let me know. I simply thought it would be nice to meet translators living in the area and mentally get out of this isolation bubble we are all forced to live in. And if you have any suggestions on how we could make this PowWow more interesting, please share your thoughts.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hélène Curtis
Collapse

Sonali Arora

Gary Wellman
Gary Wellman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:41
Member (2009)
Japanese to English
suggestions Apr 22, 2020

Hi Helene, I don't know if I will be able to help co-host since I am not sure what time I can join, but since we have so many people (which is great!), maybe you could suggest a topic for everyone to give a little presentation about. For example, a favourite efficiency tip, how to manage the self-isolation, your favourite music to listen to while translating. We could also break up into mini-sessions based on language pairs or fields. By the way, do you know what platform is being used, i.e. Zoo... See more
Hi Helene, I don't know if I will be able to help co-host since I am not sure what time I can join, but since we have so many people (which is great!), maybe you could suggest a topic for everyone to give a little presentation about. For example, a favourite efficiency tip, how to manage the self-isolation, your favourite music to listen to while translating. We could also break up into mini-sessions based on language pairs or fields. By the way, do you know what platform is being used, i.e. Zoom, Skype, etc. Also, maybe you could suggest what people should prepare in advance, i.e. a mic, a video cam, favourite drink,...Collapse

Ezequiel Flores
Ezequiel Flores
Cosovo
Spanish
+ ...
suggestions Apr 24, 2020

Wellmiya wrote:

Hi Helene, I don't know if I will be able to help co-host since I am not sure what time I can join, but since we have so many people (which is great!), maybe you could suggest a topic for everyone to give a little presentation about. For example, a favourite efficiency tip, how to manage the self-isolation, your favourite music to listen to while translating. We could also break up into mini-sessions based on language pairs or fields. By the way, do you know what platform is being used, i.e. Zoom, Skype, etc. Also, maybe you could suggest what people should prepare in advance, i.e. a mic, a video cam, favourite drink,...

Hi Wellmiya,

at the time of the powwow you should reload the powwow's page, and a button to join the room will appear on the screen. The virtual powwow will occur on this same page. It's not needed any external tool

See you
Ezequiel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Toronto - Canada

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »